Any Rush fans?

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I went to see Rush Wed. night @ Jones Beach Theater. Wow.... This is the 8th. time I've seen them and they keep getting better and better. If your a musician, or are a very musically inclined person, this show is a treat. They played for just short of three hours, about 30+ songs, and a varied selection. They played new stuff, vintage cuts, and believe it or not, four covers, the best being the live Cream version of Crossroads! :thumleft:

I have seats for Radio City Music Hall next Thursday night too....

I CAN'T WAIT! :cheers:

Theyre Ok. I dont make it a point to listen to them but I wont chenge the station :D

I never really litened to RUSH...just what's on the radio. But my fav is Tom Sawyer!! :thumrigh: Beleive it or not...I'm a KISS fan from the time I was knee high to a grasshopper! Saw them a few weeks ago at Montage Mtn, Scranton. :cheers:

2112...their best album ever. Moving pictures was a close 2nd IMHO!!

Love 'em, but have never seen them live... :(

FASTBACK340 said:
I went to see Rush Wed. night @ Jones Beach Theater. Wow.... This is the 8th. time I've seen them and they keep getting better and better. If your a musician, or are a very musically inclined person, this show is a treat. They played for just short of three hours, about 30+ songs, and a varied selection. They played new stuff, vintage cuts, and believe it or not, four covers, the best being the live Cream version of Crossroads! :thumleft:

I have seats for Radio City Music Hall next Thursday night too....

I CAN'T WAIT! :cheers:

A friend of mine was at that show. She's a big Rush fan (I'm not, really), she said it was a really good show.

How 'bout that rain? ;-)

Rush is pretty decent. They came from right around here. St.Catherines , Ontario actually, . Lets just say I can be at Lakeside Park , the one that the song was written about ,in about 20 minutes.
106_0693.jpg

Funny story. A friend of mine went to see rush a month or so ago. I told him I really didn't get into them too much. But Neil Pert is a hell of a drummer. Now, my friend listens to all the stuff I listen to. (Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, all the real heavy stuff. When I tell him this he gets all irate and is all like, well you just can't appreciate that type of music. WHAT???????? I was like what the hell are you talking about? I love all types of music. If you were to look in my cd collection you would probably raise your eyebrows a couple of times. This thread just reminded me of the little conversation we had. Sorry for the blabbing. LOL

onehellofadart said:
Great band. Did they play 3 pc or did they have people with them?

Over the past 20 yrs. I've seen Rush about 8 times and never did they ever have anyone on-stage with them. I know they use digital sequencers to fill in some of the gaps, but for the most part it's just a three man band.

Alex is soooo under rated only because Geddy & Neil are such stand outs on Bass & Drums respectively. As a former working Bassist I know they are tremendous players. Nothing like watching Geddy hammer notes with his left hand on the neck of the Bass, playing keyboards with his right, playing a set of Bass pedals with one foot, and sing. :shock:

If Aliens do walk among us, Geddy is definitely one of them.

MtNemoMopar said:
One of Canada's greatest exports!! That,and C.C.

Speaking of which....

I saw them again last night for their final show of the North American tour. Fantastic! Radio City Music Hall was rockin`! Another 3 hour show that left you drained....

Thank you Canada! :salut:

fastback383 said:
Rush is pretty decent. They came from right around here. St.Catherines , Ontario actually, . Lets just say I can be at Lakeside Park , the one that the song was written about ,in about 20 minutes.
106_0693.jpg

One of my Rush buddies always told me that Alex was from Fernie, BC originally.

Never seen them ... love thier music 2112 is thier best ever i can get lost in that album and i did say album not CD but cd are nice to just like the sounds from the albums have......... lets just say i did alot of partying to the album in my day........... loud very loud........ i still have that that album and drive my kidds up a wall with it .........

larrysduster said:
Never seen them ... love thier music 2112 is thier best ever i can get lost in that album and i did say album not CD but cd are nice to just like the sounds from the albums have......... lets just say i did alot of partying to the album in my day........... loud very loud........ i still have that that album and drive my kidds up a wall with it .........

Yeah, Rush is definitely an aquired taste, but they are tremendous players. Every live show is like going to school....

BTW: Welcome to the list Larry! :salut:

Hotwheelsjr said:
2112...their best album ever. Moving pictures was a close 2nd IMHO!!

Love 'em, but have never seen them live... :(

yep. I totally agree.

The BEST 3 musicians working together in the entire world!

-
Back