Any Sarasota FL Area members

-

shg340

Reaction score
I've been offered a new job in Sarasota that my wife and I are thinking of taking. Are there any members from the area with any thoughts/tips that someone needs to consider before relocating to Florida in general besides the obvious like Hurricanes, Old Drivers, no state taxes, etc.

Thanks for any suggestions guys/gals...

Moving home this weekend. Not Sarasota but close enough, you will love it if you like sun and water and tress and grass.....

Man now I want to move too :D I have a house in Vegas thats vacant now and its only 10 miles from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Its also only 2 blocks from the freeway on ramp. Might have to take a trip up there and look for a job 8)

Yea, Chad, we're pretty excited about the situation. Not many trees in KS, but no hurricanes either. Oh well, sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Does anyone recall how Florida taxed old vehicles and new cars? How about renewals? I know we had a tread sometime ago that covered this, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks Guys...

Title transfer, tags & registration will cost about $150 -$175 the first time. You have to buy the tag for $100, transfer is $29 and registration is about $36 a year. I think they may charge a Tax on the value of newer vehicles and when you buy a vehicle in the state. Registration is the same regardless of the age of the vehicle. I pay around $36 for each my cars.

Thanks for the link. Besides my Duster, I have two 97 Jeeps and plan on having them for some time still. Until the new Charger hits the street, I won't even think about a new car.

-
Back