Any small tips to help ET?

-
Gotta brag somewhere,I just got a 1.668 60 ft with a all motor 197 rwhp slant six.62 Valaint chop top,just under 2500lbs with driver.Very happy and proud.Worn out leaf springs that I have played with.I think my combo was more by luck than skill.Guzzi Mark

See if you can borrow (or buy) a pair of slicks or ET streets / Hoosier quick time pro tires.
id stay at 27" tall or less with that 3.23 rear.

You should pick WAY up if you arent spinning the tires.

The tallest front tires that you can fit will cheat the beams. You'll have to adjust your light, as a taller tire will slow your rt.

Gotta brag somewhere,I just got a 1.668 60 ft with a all motor 197 rwhp slant six.62 Valaint chop top,just under 2500lbs with driver.Very happy and proud.Worn out leaf springs that I have played with.I think my combo was more by luck than skill.Guzzi Mark

what was ur .25 time? i put down 180rwhp on a 3/4 run after a couple hundred miles breakin. im working on upgrading from a 2.94's 7.25 to a 8.75 3.91's. also rebuilding the 300K 904 with 3K flash and manual valvebody.

GET SLICKS.
You could make the car faster but you will be spining your wheels at the line.
IF I RAN IT THE WAY IT IS I WOULD SHIFT AT 6000 RPM AND GO OVER THE FINISH LINE IN SECOND GEAR \\\ DON'T USE THIRD GEAR.

Sorry to re-open this thread, but I saw it was already recentley re-opened, haha. The comment about not shifting to third for the last half second or so, heres my question to the experts here... The crank was machined .10 when I rebuilt the motor a while back. It's a 77 360 with the cast iron crank. Whats the fasest I could push the car? What if it possibly went up to 6300-6500rpm? Would it be safe or risky? I hardly ever go over 6k. My dad stays at a modest 5500, haha. It would be nice to keep it in second all the way down the track if I get a good enough launch, but the last thing I want is a blown engine.

I don't have all the details on your combo but revving higher could slow you down. Really depends on if your engine is making any power up at 6500.

in the end....you'll need slicks, gears,....like I said...even with a perfect launch your at your combos limit pretty much...those 3.23's absorb alot of torque....and require more to go faster.

Firstoff..lose the "street tires" they're called street tires for a reason,thats all they're good for,get yourself a set of m/t drag radials.. you don't need slicks as a matter of fact my duster 60's better with drag radials then slicks,go from there..

Your car is pretty much what i started out with a few years ago i got mine to run a 13.90 and i had a stock convertor, stock exhaust manifolds, mild cam 1.88 valves, 235/60 M/T ET Streets and a 3.91 gear and shifted at 5600 rpm. i know with some tweeking you can get it mine is a daily driver also. The main thing that helped mine was 3.91 gear it had a 2.09 sixty foot at 98 mph

I you've got a front sway bar you can disconnect it at the track to get better weight transfer. The more droop in your front end, the better.

You're about right where I'm at with a very similar setup, I've got a converter but not quite enough motor to use it, all I've mustered out of mine is 14.00 at 98-99mph with 2.0 60'. this year I was so close to 13's so many times it's about enough to piss a guy off when 10 of your last 12 runs are 14.0X and it won't just catch a tail wind and go 13 lol

To anser your question about rpm's ,YES.
It's all about VALVE SPRINGS.
A good 360 will handle 6500 all day long
If the the motor is a good motor it will be fine and by that i mean/////////////////////////// GOOD VALVE SPRINGS MENT FOR THE CAMS RPM RANGE.
You only want to raise your shift point as much as you need in first to give you a lower rpm for second gear
BY THE WAY WHAT CAM DO YOU HAVE
WHAT VALVE SPRINGS
WHAT PISTONS DO YOU HAVE
WHAT CONVERTER
WHAT GEAR
WHAT SIZE TIRE
Are you spining off the line??????????????????????????

Most motors when they blow will hit the valves into the pistons due to over reving and floating the valves.(WRONG VALVE SPRINGS)
The other main reason in rod bolts CAN break.

-
Back