Any snake wranglers out there?

-
3FD246B2-0A10-4CF7-8190-F9787789A22F.jpeg
I just bought a place in the country, and this guy came with it.

View attachment 1715774608 I just bought a place in the country, and this guy came with it.
I had those big blue racers or whatever they are bad back in my Mo place. They would get up in the rafters of the barns, and once got into a chicken coup with young pullets. They squeezed them to death but too big to swallow. I had better luck with good rat bait that the snakes controlling mice!

As the operator of the primary crusher, it was my job to dispose of as much debris and foreign material not conducive to making road materials as possible. Which meant I spent 3/4 of my days plucking sticks and weeds off a 36" wide rapidly moving conveyor belt as possible. I get ready to grab this stick on the conveyor, and the stick moves :wtf:. After a closer look it was a King snake and I let it go because I knew the operator of the next receiving plant hated snakes :lol:. Sure as life 15 minutes later when the snake got there I see the operator heading down the walkway at full gallop and he didn't stop till he hit the ground :rofl:. Few minutes later the other plant operator comes out to visit. "Russel got a snake on his shaker screen." He laughs and gives me a high 5 :rofl:

When we moved to south TX, we were told that the rattle snakes here are "evolving". Turns out the ones who actually rattle attract the wild pigs which will kill them? I didn't believe it until after the fourth time my son walked right by one, coiled up, in the garage.... quiet as a church mouse.

I dint see snakes much,but the one year it rained alot, grass grew tall, and the yard was like a tropical rainforest, we had frogs and snakes that year...

Well my garter snake either has a baby or a sibling!

Saw a 8 incher today and a few minutes later saw the one I posted a photo of!

Hope they make it through the winter.

-
Back