any tips on pulling under dash wiring harness?

-

mac daddy mopar

Reaction score
on my 74 scamp, I got the engine starting with the key, went to make holes in the new floor to mount the seats, before the carpet, anyway the wiring that runs to the rear lighting is toast, the pink, wire I'm guessing is the main hot wire? as it has all the coating melted off and fused the other wires together, at first I thought I could just unhook it at the connector, yeah right, that pink wire is melted from start, wherever that is, to the last connector in the trunk.
like I said in the other thread, the kid I got the scamp from had a big *** sound system, with 5 leads running from the positive side of the battery, thanks in advance for any tips.

Mark

Pink wires are for cig lighters and such. I dont know why there would be one going to the truck unless it was electric truck release. The connecters for the rear harnesses are behind the left kick panel. I wouldn't replace the entire dash harness unless it was absolutely needed.

it's melted thru the connector by the kick panel, the other wires are ok, it runs up under the dash somewhere? and some other wires are cut under the dash as well, drivers side by the fuse block, 1 brown wire and 1 yellow wire, taped together, by the ashtray steering column side, 1 red wire, ashtray glovebox side, 1 orange wire aand 1 pink wire with a male connector with a cut pink wire, and the no#1 fuse has no power going to it, there is a scamp sitting in the junkyard that I'm going to pull the wiring from, I'd like to get by with just the rear lighting harness, but with all the other cut wires, I think I better change it all, thanks for the reply.

Mark

The sad part is a 74 model had the seatbelt interlock. Dont be surprised if you pull a uncut harness and later start cutting wires to delete some crap. In any case you'll need the factory wiring diagrams. good luck

The sad part is a 74 model had the seatbelt interlock. Dont be surprised if you pull a uncut harness and later start cutting wires to delete some crap. In any case you'll need the factory wiring diagrams. good luck

yeah my car has that, that's what was giving me the no crank with key issues, the scamp in the yard is also a 74, and I have a fsm, I'm just not to good at reading the wiring diagrams, the eye's ain't what they used to be, maybe I should buy one of them color diagrams, as I get lost on the black and white ones, thanks again.

Mark

-
Back