Any Turbine Bronze '68 Valiants left?

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has spotted one of these in recent years. Granted, Valiants aren't first on the radar when looking at old Mopars, but this is an uncommon paint shade that was originally used on the Chrysler Turbine car, then as a spring '66 color, then as a regular option for 1967 and '68. There ARE MM1 cars in existence, but most are B-bodies. I've seen a picture of a Dart in that shade and a 1968 Barracuda, but no Valiant.

The reason I ask is, I have one. I bought it just as an easy project and driver, which it's been for the past 5 years. It originally had that attractive tri-color interior...dark brown dash, light tan doors, seats and headliner and dark brown floor. When I rehabbed the interior I changed the colors around a little because the original paint codes aren't able to be matched. They CAN still match Turbine Bronze, unbelievably.

I'm going to finish that quarter panel repair and put it up for sale soon, so I didn't want to talk something up as being unusual if it wasn't really. PS, if you don't like the topic of this post, tune out. You aren't compelled to tell everyone that.
Thanks all.

20220208_181233.jpg

20201219_153212.jpg

Sounds like an interesting combo of colors, can't wait to see it done. 'Course, you got my attention with the small hub caps.

Cool find, interior looks nice, no help on any more floating around....can't recall seeing any....I'm sure the records were there but lately that's in doubt...let's try @Alaskan_TA ....

I likes me some turbine bronze.

IMO the first "HIP" color.

Mopar "RADAR" doesn't discriminate against 4 doors, BTW.

I looked at using that color on my build but went darker

I really like the dark gold they ran from that era up into the seventies as well. Chrysler always seemed to have the nest metallic metal colors. The closest ones to making you think of what it would look like if one had a car plated.

I love the way your car looks in that color.
Years ago, I had a '67 Dart 2 door hard top in that color.
Now, a friend of mine has a '68 Dart 2 door post in that color.
I have only seen a few Valiants painted Turbine Bronze though.....

My first Mopar was a 67 Dart GT in turbine bronze. It's a cool color. Sadly I let that car get away.

-
Back