any Valiant guys.....need help here

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am restoring a 69 Valiant V100 and I need help finding the clips that hold the trim on going down the side of the car like in the pic. the clip on the left side is plastic and the clip on the right is metal. the clip on the right has the stud broke off. They go on the rear door front and rear of the trim piece. I need 4 of them. I need 48 of the plastic ones. all the numbers I have for these are not good. There is a 4227 number on the plastic clip. can anyone shed some light on this for me. Thanks,Bill

Attachments

• DSC07469.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 304
  • DSC07799.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 284
ok, will do that. I tried clips and fasteners and sent an email to Tom at R/T Specialties. Thanks

Shoot, if you can't find any by spring, I'll give you mine if I can get them off without bustin'.

Dnasty, I hope to have this thing done by spring. Good luck getting them off without bustin them. bigus, I will contact him. thanks

I found the Chrysler part # for the clips I need. It is 6001880. other number is 10252. I found some of the clips but the guy is rapeing people on ebay.

did all 69 Valiant V100 cars have the side trim moulding going down the sides of the car or was that an option. I am having trouble finding the clips without being raped and I am seriously thinking about welding up the holes and leaving it off. I personally think it looks better off buy it is really up to momma.

Valiant 100 cars did not have the molding, the Valiant ''Two Hundred'' cars did.
The Valiant Signet didn't have the side moldings at all either.
Personally, i don't like them either......

Yes they did,but not all. I have seen plenty of 100's with and w/o side trim. It is a 1 year only trim and is hard to find if you need it. The same goes for 200's. The Signet's didn't have center body trim but had plenty of other trim including lower rocker trim. I just sold off some 67 trim with all of the clips. How many do you need and of which ones? post a pic of it and I'll compare and see if he will part with a few. They are on the center body line on 67's,upper body on 68's and most do usually fill in the holes and eliminate the trim

To get them off there is a center pin that can be pushed through the back and grabbed with a pair of pliers,don't lose them if you can. Then you can grab the clip from outside with a pair of pliers twisting as you pull. The center pin pushes prongs out in the back.

your 69 trim looks just like the 67 set I just sold with all of the clips....just painted black down the center

I couldn't decide if I wanted to keep the factory trim so I cheated and left the holes and ran some peel and stick moulding over the holes. Might be an option for you.

That's OK in the warmer climates but not here in the midwest and all of the rain we see. If it doesn't seal right the water will leak to the interior panels

Those holes aren't made water tight by using plastic clips. They weren't meant to be water tight at all.

true,but they did all have rubber O rings on the outside where the clip sits on the body.

I am going to use different clips to mount the trim with. I am going with push in clips that should work ok for the hole I cannot get to the back of and use the metal ones with nuts on the ones I can get to. That guy with the clips on ebay is an ***. he has had those clips since 1990. they are the correct clips but I wont buy them from him. I could use the trim piece that goes to the driver side rear door. Mine is acceptable and most wouldn't notice the problem but I know it is there. If I run across one it would be great.

Sedanman, where would be a good place to buy window fuzzies and door rubbers for this 69 Valiant. I have not started looking yet but that is next on my list today. Thanks,Bill

Detroit muscle has the cat whiskers and I see a few sellers on feebay with the door seals

If you are talking about DMT in Detroit. Jim Fillmore, I don't believe he has whiskers. Unless he has just got them in. I will check. There is also a " Little Detroit Muscle " but I don't know if they have a website.

I received the clips in the mail today. I went with AuVeCo clips. The guy on ebay wanted my arm and both legs for the one in his picture that was the correct one. he told me he has had them since 1990. at that price, no wonder he hasn't sold them. It cost me less than a 1/3 of what he wanted for more clips needed.

-
Back