any wheel sensor guru's?

-

4dr4ever

Reaction score
Wondering on something. I'm installing an 06 charger drivetrain in my 67. The drivetrain requires the wheel sensors to control the transmission. So I solved the front wheel sensor problems by machining hubs out of f body discs and mounting the magnetic pulse ring on them.

I have two options I can install the 06 charger rear suspension or I can try the wheel sensors off the front on a rear axle.

So the problem with that is the stock front sensors and the rear sensors are different. one reads off the diameter(rear) and one reads off the face(front) and they are slightly different sizes. the front has 94 pulses and the rear has 98. I'm wondering if the slight difference in size of the sensors would make up for the difference in pulses? front sensor is smaller then the rear sensor.

That may not work unless you are installing the anti-lock brake precessor also.
Then again what do I know ?
I can forward your question to my brother. He knows. Any reply would be delayed until at least late Monday since he is on vacation this week.

Yeah I will be installing it because of the fact it's integrated in. I'm thinking it should work? then again I'm just pissin around tryin things. That would be great if you can ask him thanks.

You should post this in the hemi swap section. I believe some people have gotten by with installing a tone wheel on the output shaft flange at the back of the tranny and mounting sensors on both sides of the wheel, but I could be remembering it wrong.

Are you sure you need all 4 wss circuits ... it may just need 1 vehicle speed input from any speed sensor ... some of the newer vehicles i worked on ... typically ecm gets it from canbus ... buffered from abs module ... which TYPICALLY "1" front wss generates signal .
OR from trans module which gets it from internal sensor ... You need to get an original Chyrsler schematic and locate SPEED SENSOR cir operation and then see if you can adapt to existing modification you are performing .

-
Back