Anybody collect G. I. Joe ?

-

abodylurker

Reaction score
Free to a good home. 1985 manual showing action figures and accessories available. Must post pic of collection and I will mail this to you.

Attachments

• jl #2 004.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 268
O.K so maybe nobody wants to publicly admit they collect dol....action figures so pm me if you collect them. I won't tell.

I have an embarrassingly large collection of classic 12" G.I. Joes
I knew it. I had one of the really early ones, footlocker and everything and a later one with "kung fu grip". Yes I can proudly say I grew up in cars with no seatbelts and metal dashes, bicycles with nutcracker bars and boy dolls. Which we left inside and hid when friends came over. But we had them and they were not action figures but manly boy dolls. That killed and maimed other boy dolls and did unspeakable things to Barbie the ***** with everything. But hey, I grew up okay. For the most part. Weeellllll............kinda normal.

I'm a generation behind most of you guys.

The 12" version was too early for me and the 3 1/2 was too late.

I do have a 1977 pre-production set of Star Wars figures that came in the mail with GF cereal box tops.

I'd never seen or heard of another set, and the collector catalog didn't even list them until 2006. Up until then, they listed a similar set in different packaging, valued at $400!

My set had a VERY early Luke figure, that had a different light saber design, and poorly crafted head and feet. (like it wasn't ready to be released yet)

Of course the dog got hold of that one and only that one :(

Started collecting GIJoe when the Marvel comic came out somewhere in '81-'82. Grew up with 'em. Had the planes, the tanks, the ship, the helicopters, etc. Lost 'em all in a fire.

These are not mine but they were left in the attic by my older cousin before he moved out ......I found them up there a few years ago and identified them .....interesting to say the least.

Attachments

• CIMG0082.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 165
  • CIMG0093.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 158
Rani,
Looks like YOUR A GI Joe collector now huh? Pictures are the PROOF! No matter where or who they came from, you've got 'em, right? LOL

:poke:

Rani,
Looks like YOUR A GI Joe collector now huh? Pictures are the PROOF! No matter where or who they came from, you've got 'em, right? LOL

:poke:

amazing what you find in the attic of a house where the same family has lived for 35+ years. I was originally up there looking for slot car stuff which I did find but also found the G.I. Joes ......old Barbie stuff which I stashed.......And still wrapped Christmas gifts that were never given and forgotten about from Christmas 1989 LOL

Lived overseas in Vienna with my family back in the early sixty's. Had no English speaking kids to associate with. Mom and Dad supplied us with all the G.I. Joe stuff. I mean we had it all, Jeeps, Helicopters, Ships, Apollo Module, Etc. We made our own parachutes from scratch for them, and used to trow them off balconies. Mom gave all that stuff away without my knowledge when I was around 30. Be worth a mint now !!!

I only have one GI Joe and I have had it from
The first year they came out
Have dress blues uniform
Green uniform
Camo uniform
And the acc that went with them

-
Back