Anybody ever tried this little gizmo?

-
It would be very easy to make those.
It would probably keep more fuel in suspension so I'd guess it would make more power, but who knows how much

Not these again. We've been down this road. A lot. I think @Johnny Mac actually did some drag strip testing. I don't remember the outcome, but I think the consensus was that if they did very much, they'd come on all new carburetors. They don't.

Not these again. We've been down this road. A lot. I think @Johnny Mac actually did some drag strip testing. I don't remember the outcome, but I think the consensus was that if they did very much, they'd come on all new carburetors. They don't.
Well all carbs don't come with annular boosters either but they are FAR superior to all other boosters for atomization, atomization is the entire point of fuel system. The way those fan the pump shot is atomization and a much better job than a hole squirting a stream.
This technology is in high end carb spacers also it's called shear, it works.
It is also why a rough port finish is better than a smooth one.

Well all carbs don't come with annular boosters either but they are FAR superior to all other boosters for atomization, atomization is the entire point of fuel system. The way those fan the pump shot is atomization and a much better job than a hole squirting a stream.
This technology is in high end carb spacers also it's called shear, it works.
It is also why a rough port finish is better than a smooth one.
I'm not arguing against it. I'm just telling you what I remember.

The fuel hits the throttle plates. It hits the intake floor. It hits the intake valves. How much "more" atomization does it need? As an obvious proponent of them, have you tried them and seen a positive difference?

The fuel hits the throttle plates. It hits the intake floor. It hits the intake valves. How much "more" atomization does it need? As an obvious proponent of them, have you tried them and seen a positive difference?
Everything it his turns into wet again unless a proper finish is applied to surfaces. That's why annular boosters are better. When a droplet from an annual booster hits something it is already a much smaller droplet which it's easier to pull back into the air. Those little brass deals take a stream and turn it into a finer mist than the regular pump shot.
I am not a proponent of this product but I am a proponent of making fuel stay in suspension -atomized as best a carburetor can.
When we dyno tested my engine Tim kept saying I can't believe those bsfc numbers my engine was producing...but everything I did on my engine from the carbs down proves it works.
I even put the roughest glass peen finish on my intake valves before I did my valve job. I tested the valves after by simply running water over them, the water broke it couldn't stick.
So this is all I am a proponent of if that makes sense.

In theory, seems like a good idea. But nobody I saw mentions Et slip differences after the swap

Thompson Performance, LLC
Imo- That's what I was waiting for myself. You can tell me all day that it works but if it's that simple to install they should've done this at the strip for real world performance. Neither one of those guys even demonstrated a little street test to show the lag and then lag gone. Quite honestly I was waiting to see this in a J.C Whitney catalogue.

Everything it his turns into wet again unless a proper finish is applied to surfaces. That's why annular boosters are better. When a droplet from an annual booster hits something it is already a much smaller droplet which it's easier to pull back into the air. Those little brass deals take a stream and turn it into a finer mist than the regular pump shot.
I am not a proponent of this product but I am a proponent of making fuel stay in suspension -atomized as best a carburetor can.
When we dyno tested my engine Tim kept saying I can't believe those bsfc numbers my engine was producing...but everything I did on my engine from the carbs down proves it works.
I even put the roughest glass peen finish on my intake valves before I did my valve job. I tested the valves after by simply running water over them, the water broke it couldn't stick.
So this is all I am a proponent of if that makes sense.
We're in 100% agreement about better atomization. That's one reason why EFI has the benefits it does. Until I see definitive proof that has been proven on the drag strip and duplicated, I'm reserving judgment. lol Kitty says I should be from Missouri, because I need to be shown proof of everything. lol

and here is someone else who tested them, but then corrected the problem

We're in 100% agreement about better atomization. That's one reason why EFI has the benefits it does.
But depending on the design of the intake, it may or may not be distributed any better than a carb.

We're in 100% agreement about better atomization. That's one reason why EFI has the benefits it does. Until I see definitive proof that has been proven on the drag strip and duplicated, I'm reserving judgment. lol Kitty says I should be from Missouri, because I need to be shown proof of everything. lol
Well, I think the benefits of this thing are immeasurable on a drag strip because obviously it's not going to make much of a difference in HP I do believe the theory can only help bottom end torque & This would or could be part of a tuning package & that would be only with data from a dyno. Looking at a couple graphs could tell.
But the cost to tune on a dyno for this would be plain old dumb. However I'll talk to Tim he's got a 408 on the pump now. Maybe I can make these things and we can get a real world dyno result.

Well, I think the benefits of this thing are immeasurable on a drag strip because obviously it's not going to make much of a difference in HP I do believe the theory can only help bottom end torque & This would or could be part of a tuning package & that would be only with data from a dyno. Looking at a couple graphs could tell.
But the cost to tune on a dyno for this would be plain old dumb. However I'll talk to Tim he's got a 408 on the pump now. Maybe I can make these things and we can get a real world dyno result.
You're right but I disagree.
wink-gif.gif

Accelerator pump is to cover for when the pressure changes rapidly in the intake. There are two phenomenon occuring - one is the somewhat slow response of the low speed circuit, and the other the fact that rapid rise in pressure causes the walls to dry out.

This means any improvement in accelerator pump efficiency is going to happen during throttle opening from a closed or low throttle opening. (with mechanical secondaries this will be further into the throttle). At the drag strip, off the line, lets give it the benefit of the doubt and accept that it adds hp. Low rpm, low throttle hp improvement should make a big difference coming off the line. It should show in better 60' times. The better the suspension and the stickier the tire, the more repeatable the improvement should be.

Depending how distruptive it is to the airflow, whether that turbulance effects the bleeds or just the air going into the venturis, maybe it will also impact mid to high rpm power.

You're right but I disagree.
View attachment 1716156547

Accelerator pump is to cover for when the pressure changes rapidly in the intake. There are two phenomenon occuring - one is the somewhat slow response of the low speed circuit, and the other the fact that rapid rise in pressure causes the walls to dry out.

This means any improvement in accelerator pump efficiency is going to happen during throttle opening from a closed or low throttle opening. (with mechanical secondaries this will be further into the throttle). At the drag strip, off the line, lets give it the benefit of the doubt and accept that it adds hp. Low rpm, low throttle hp improvement should make a big difference coming off the line. It should show in better 60' times. The better the suspension and the stickier the tire, the more repeatable the improvement should be.

Depending how distruptive it is to the airflow, whether that turbulance effects the bleeds or just the air going into the venturis, maybe it will also impact mid to high rpm power.
You're right and I agree. I had mentioned dyno testing this but since the pump shot is over with by the start of most all tests it would really only show any ill effects on air flow.

Last edited:
So the only thing I disagree with is the last part, carburetor companies want to save money and they expect us to fix their cost saving measures.. lol. So that's what the red x was for and has been removed

Fizzled out thread....dang

My thought on this thing was that it might have the ability a tiny bit off the 60 foot via a crisper hit.
little help on the 60 foot always is worthwhile to an overall time slip.
BUT….. maybe it’s just a gizmo..lol

My thought on this thing was that it might have the ability a tiny bit off the 60 foot via a crisper hit.
little help on the 60 foot always is worthwhile to an overall time slip.
BUT….. maybe it’s just a gizmo..lol
I believe it, like I said anything that can help atomization is good.

-
Back