Anybody ever use Just-Suspension 1.0 torsion bars

-

LImopar

Reaction score
I am about ready to completely rebuild the front end of my 70 dart with 73 and newer brakes and all new suspension parts. It is a /6 right now but will be a 340 in the near future. I want to upgrade the torsion bars while I have everything apart. I am thinking about buying a set of 1.0 torsion bars from Just-Suspension. They are on sale for $179. Any input on these bars?

do you have to call and buy them from them? Whenever i go to their website it says no products found for my car

I found them on E Bay. I also called them directly to make sure they would work with my application. There should numerous pairs for sale still on ebay.

I just ordered a set. that was for the most part the last thing on my list.....that page anyway

i was skeptical about them till i drove them for the first time - they are alot better ride wise then I was expecting - not harsh at all -

seems to prove that the mopars were always undersprung from the factory...

they aren't listed on ebay anymore. just called them though and they said they still had a few sets available for 199.95

if you don't get them at that price they are around $250.

but i just ordered my pair for 199.95 shipped.

also, their website is being re-done, so i think you have to call in to order!

hi, ive seen some on ebay, 1.00 be more than enough for a 440 ? mine orig a slant 6 and since changed engine scaaaary! a good place to start upgrades, what front shocks are you guys using? i sourced some monroe for rear, well happy with the back end!

i have .920 (440) bars in jamies dart with a small block in it and kyb shocks and really like the ride.

ive ordered 1.18 ! just suspention <tom> very helpful> $460 with shipping and i bet they hit me import $$$ too! :bootysha: still its gotta be right, lotttta bends where i live and a lotta tossers in dumb rice packets.......

Firmfeel.com is the place for suspension pats. This guy has been around a long time and never heard a complaint about their producs, he is my go to guy. He is also a mopar guru who races his products.
The size of the bar indicates spring rate, and mopar 1.04 bars in a 73 Duster 440 with KYBs at each corner had a resonance from 75-85 MPH and this created a real nusiance.

Firmfeel.com is the place for suspension pats. This guy has been around a long time and never heard a complaint about their producs, he is my go to guy. He is also a mopar guru who races his products.
The size of the bar indicates spring rate, and mopar 1.04 bars in a 73 Duster 440 with KYBs at each corner had a resonance from 75-85 MPH and this created a real nusiance.

I am just wondering, if this was a problem because of the limit of the KYB shocks? Maybe these torsion bars are exceeding the limits of the KYB shocks? I think it's time to upgrade to some QA1's or some other adjustable shock...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=79628

I checked out the sale on ebay and on their site. They list shipping to South Africa as USD629!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried more than a few times both on their site and ebay to contact me with real shipping rates and still nothing. Bit pissed at their customer service right now.

i used them on my 67 440ci only opted for the 1.18" and i paid for shipping to united kingdom! why stop at 1"? work out the corner weights of your car and think of what weight engine in there, if its big block its gotta be big bars! dunno how you guys drive but i like to throw it about and do it without losing it! these will make a tremendous difference next for me is decent shocks and a sway bar! tom is the guy to speak to, safe driving all!!! oh. i fitted new monroe shocks at same time, they not be on long!!! gotta be koni or qa1 s ive learnt not to compramise here folk, you got nice cars, nice paint,fast engines....its gotta handle!you wont look cool in a tree!!!my cuda is a rolling resto. its rough, but im getting the important things in order before paint etc........

Thats exactly how I see it cudaboy. These things are not straight line machines. They have to ahndle or you're all over the road. What was your shipping to the UK??

i think it was $200 maybe more, had to get my clutch,shumacker headers plus other bits stateside, it all costs as theres no one over my way doing much and those who do are straight line monkeys:munky2:that is not really my thing.oh its a 4 speed too, makes it fun!!!

I found my invoice when I got my torsion bars. I ordered them through ebay. but the invoice is for 199.95. and it doesn't show shipping on here. I cant remember if I paid shipping or not. it appears that all that was charged to my card was $199.95

the part number for my 1.00" torsion bars is TB5249A35.

I dont' know if any of this info helps..But i live in CA. I believe all I paid was the 200 bucks. so that was the shipped price..good luck getting an answer from them!

Yeah they're pretty unbelievable when it comes to answering customer questions!

-
Back