Anybody got K-Frame Pics?

-

quapman

Damn Yankee
Reaction score
Has anyone got pictures of a Slant Six K-frame AND a Small Block K-frame for 73-76 A-body? I bought a 74 Gold Duster that a previous owner cobbed a 360 into (WAS a slant six car). I'm probably going to go with the Schumacher mounts, but I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before I actually tackle the job.

Thanks!

Steve

K-%20frame%204.jpg

what do you think of using a motor plate instead of all the work involved in changing "K"s

I'd just use the Schumacher mounts. Even if I had all of the factory parts handy I'd probably only swap K's during a complete suspension rebuild. I think a motor plate would be a lot of work too, but I admit I've never used one. JMO

Thanks for the links & Pics. I should have just gone to the Schumacher site, duh. It looks like I've already got the mounts in my car, but the installer never did the saddle modifications required to get the motor to sit level. That might be because of the center-dump exhaust he used.

Motor plates are OK for all out racing, but for street use, they're a pain. You have to modify your water pump housing on a big block or find different pullies that will work, plus, you get a lot of vibration from the motor into the frame, etc.

Just my $.02

Actually the motor plate does have some benefits on a big block. Yea you are right you have to machine off 3/8 " off the water pump housing (easy) but it keeps the engine mounts out of the way of the headers and makes them a easier to get in and out if you are using under chassis headers.

-
Back