Anybody have a '67 Barracuda with the correct steering wheel?

-

1967BarracudaGeorge

Reaction score
This is what my soon to be Barracuda has in it now. A complete rim blow setup minus the horn button.
I priced this stuff and even the repro is high dollar. Most likely I will either sell or trade this.
Can anyone provide a picture from the same angle of the correct wheel?
Thanks alot and Merry Christmas

received_239935138265221.jpeg

I had a rim blow in a cobra jet Ranchero. Absolutely hated it! Blowing half the time just turning the wheel, couldn't find it when I wanted it in an emergency. Give me a horn button in the middle please, or a horn ring if I have to.

The wood grain wheel was optional on 1967 barracuda’s too.

I appreciate the replies and pictures. I should have added a poll to the thread.
Since woodgrain was an option, I guess it wouldn't be too obvious that it's not the original wheel.

Hard to find the real 1967 woodgrain wheel.
To me the rim blow looks very out of place on a 67 car.

I like the look of the original wheel in there. It’s exactly the same as a 1967 b-body, wheel and horn ring. Dodge and Plymouth just swap the center cap.

Hard to find the real 1967 woodgrain wheel.
To me the rim blow looks very out of place on a 67 car.

Thanks for the input. I'll trade this for the correct wheel and some of the other parts that I need for my big block swap.

More than likely I'll restore this wheel. By the time I
I like the look of the original wheel in there. It’s exactly the same as a 1967 b-body, wheel and horn ring. Dodge and Plymouth just swap the center cap.

I think 3 different levels of steering wheels for 67? We have the same one as in post #2. I believe it's a deluxe wheel, and the wood grain being a higher option.
I have a wood grain but I believe its 68 or 9.
Good luck, see if you could trade rimblow for 67 wheel?

I think 3 different levels of steering wheels for 67? We have the same one as in post #2. I believe it's a deluxe wheel, and the wood grain being a higher option.
I have a wood grain but I believe its 68 or 9.

As expensive as apparently this wheel is, I'll probably restore it. I'd like to atleast be able to get the correct wheel and a big block bellhousing, or a 6 pack balancer. The adapter is also almost as much as other steering wheels.

This is what my soon to be Barracuda has in it now. A complete rim blow setup minus the horn button.
I priced this stuff and even the repro is high dollar. Most likely I will either sell or trade this.
Can anyone provide a picture from the same angle of the correct wheel?
Thanks alot and Merry Christmas

View attachment 1715842197
Ping ZMAN67S he is a wealth of info on 67s he may even have what you need?

Yes, to some that rimblow is worth $$. For me(67 cuda owner) it doesnt have "value" as it looks wayyy out of place to me, but that's my opinion. If I get a chance before work, I'll take pics of woodgrain we have.
6 pack balancer???
:thumbsup:

Yes, to some that rimblow is worth $$. For me(67 cuda owner) it doesnt have "value" as it looks wayyy out of place to me, but that's my opinion. If I get a chance before work, I'll take pics of woodgrain we have.
6 pack balancer???
:thumbsup:

6 pack balancer is the correct harmonic balancer to be used with 440 6 pack rods which I'm planning to run in my 440 with a steel crank.

There is the 3/4 horn ring as shown in #2, and also a full circumference horn ring, that is rarer, both on the "plain" wheel.

Imo, original wheels are too thin and large.
Superior 'The 500' was on mine when I got it, 14", I found the old school wrap and threw that on.

20170803_185011.jpg

Something for folks to consider if you never drove a car with a smaller than stock diameter wheel. If you have power steering the steering is over responsive due the that smaller diameter. Then manual steering gets harder to turn with that smaller wheel.

I have a 67-woodgrain steering wheel also known as the recall wheel. It was a 67 only wheel made by Chrysler when they thought Ralph Nader was going to sue them. He didn't like the design of a steering wheel they were using on the 383 cars that year. They're very hard to find. I looked a long time before I found mine.

recall wheel 1.jpg

Last edited:
Ask "Clemintine" what he's running. He has a beautiful '67 'Cuda fastback with a big block 4 speed. He knows his stuff. Clemintine, radio check?

-
Back