Anybody have any clearance issues on mounting the alternator on eddy heads?

-

fuzzman

Reaction score
Hey all I'm in the process of installing a set of eddy 6077 heads with a air gap intake on a 408 stroker motor and when I went to install my alternator i discovered that the heads stick out to far on the bottom so there is no clearance for the alternator to swing down into place. Has anyone ran into this problem before? Do you have to roll the alternator up higher and go with a longer belt? Or is there a different alternator bracket that they recommend that you use? Any ideas?
Pat Faley
67 Notchback Barracuda
Peoria IL

I have this issue as well on my 360 and used a couple old washers to space it out ever so slightly to barley clear. Having a spare peice of stock, AKA the OE metal tube spacer, I tried to cut one to length. Missed by a washers thickness...or 2. The off set doesn't cause a big issue with belt alignment. I also use the serpintine belt conversion from March.

Let me find a picture. These were the only 2 I cold find quick, but I don't think I have anything better at the moment. The Alt. clears by about a washers thickness. I do not remember belt length. But you can see the Alt. is at the end of the adjustment on the bracket.

Attachments

• Copy of 100_1449.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 115
  • 100_1079.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_1061.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 121
Does anybody know if this is a problem when using the cast iron water pump & associated brackets/pulleys with these heads?

-
Back