Anybody know ACC Boss Hog torque converters?

-

brewil

Reaction score
Anybody know ACC Boss Hog torque converters?
I have checked some threads and they seem pretty good-chevy threads.
Anyone have any info??

I was given one when i bought my Dart, it was for a 904 i installed it and it worked good, i didnt race it or run it too hard but i could tell it had a stall in it. id say its a good converter for a street/strip car

I have one of their 2800 converters in my cuda and it seems to work good for a street driven car.

What I have found over my 35 years of experience is you get what you pay for, there is no free lunch. If you want a good converter you are going to pay for it.

i have not heard good things about them on other forums and i did see a sample of one of their converters at a show and it was not nice looking at all on the inside!. id stick with something like a b&m or similar.

I have heard that there not the greatest converter to use with chrysler, I have heard that turbo action converters are really good for mopars.

They are really nice converters.. I know a guy with a 11second 318 duster running one...

For a cheap converter they seem to work pretty good from what I've seen. A buddy of mine runs one in his 68 Cuda drag car that runs 10.60's. Ran it all last season and it held up so I guess they aren't terrible. But as Guitar Jones said "you get what you pay for" meaning their are better ones out there.

I was going to get one of there street bandits, but after getting the lahty-dah BS when i called them about the 7/16" bolts that they don't carry & seem to think mopar converter bolts can be had at any hardware store, plus got the runaround from the vendor i bought it threw, i'm going back with PTC, i've ran 2 of there converters & was very pleased, the street bandit was 300.00, i can get the same stall in an 11" from PTC for 275.00, & they know mopar at PTC.

-
Back