Anybody know if glass is different for a 4 door?

-

sst3193

Reaction score
Got a 74 Dart 4 door sitting in the garage without front or rear glass. Will the same off a 2door work or is it different? I'm getting conflicting stories locally. I was told originally that its all the same from 70-76, then a guy with the glass, tells me that sedans are not the same.

Thanks.

dont quote me on this but i think the front glass works but the rear wont. cant remember.

The front glass is different between a 4 and 2 door. Don't know about the back. The 4 door front glass is taller in the front.

I thought the same, all the front glass is the same. But, I am changing my 67 barracuda from 67 to 68 gaskets, and needed the chrome trim. I got some off of a four door Dart at the bone yard. It is to tall. Then I found a 2 door Dart of the same year (73?). The trim is the same size I need. I'm no expert, but the measurements indicate a difference.

Four door is taller (like the whole roof line).
If you are close to Atlanta, I'm pretty sure I have a good four door windshield you can have. If that is what you need.
But I'd have to check my storage.
Been a few years since I was pulling windshields and I forget what I have.
(Nice problem to have, I guess).

Thanks guys,
Guess we're gonna have to get on search for a 4 door, somewhere near SW Ohio, to take apart. We bought the window rubber from a vendor at the Nationals and according to this vendor, the rubber is all the same, from 70 to 76, 2,4, they said it, " doesn't matter how many doors it has". Hope the window seals are even usable?!!!

Got a 74 Dart 4 door sitting in the garage without front or rear glass. Will the same off a 2door work or is it different? I'm getting conflicting stories locally. I was told originally that its all the same from 70-76, then a guy with the glass, tells me that sedans are not the same.

Thanks.

They would be different in height in the older A's. Why not measure height of openings on yours and call around for glass or gaskets, or better yet measure a 2 door at show! WITH PERMISSION or go to junk yard.

My junk yard dog is telling me front same back different. He said he would look & shout back.
Good Luck, if I hear I'll get back.

Thanks guys,
Guess we're gonna have to get on search for a 4 door, somewhere near SW Ohio, to take apart. We bought the window rubber from a vendor at the Nationals and according to this vendor, the rubber is all the same, from 70 to 76, 2,4, they said it, " doesn't matter how many doors it has". Hope the window seals are even usable?!!!

PM me on exact application you're wanting. Tinted or clear, AC? We are in Aurora IN. Come on out & get what you need!!

Word from the dog at the yard per the BOOK!

Back glass 74-76 Dart Valiant only 4 door
Front glass 4 door or 2 door post only

We got em, PM me, just outside Cinti, OH

-
Back