anybody know James Garcia

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
he answered a parts wanted ad I had on the site. He just joined the site the day he sent me a PM. This is his user name, "old.vet"

I am a little nervous As he wanted the money sent via moneygram as he says his paypal acct is dormant. Said he wanted $400 shipped (two fenders),I asked how much he wanted without shipping (picked up), stated same price. I then asked for an address (he says he is in Buford, Ga), and phone number, so I could have a friend (or myself) inspect them, pay cash and pick them up. I have not had a response, so far. Too many red flags, for me, unless someone has had OK dealings with him.

I am a little nervous As he wanted the money sent via moneygram as he says his paypal acct is dormant.
Don't do it, SCAM!

There was a thread a while back about the same issue, and the guy was using the name Jerry Garcia, I bet it's the same person.

He's been banned, and I tracked down everyone he PM'd and sent them a warning...

By the way - best thing to do is not to post a thread, but send a PM to a staff member first. The sooner we know about this kind of thing the less damage they can do. We get 1000 posts a day and sometimes don't see all of them.

Ive said it before and I will say it again. This doesnt apply 100% of the time obviously, but...when a poster has only3 posts or just joined that same month, be careful! People join just to sell and make cash and they arent always on the up-and-up.

I'm always nervous of ANY transaction with moneygram or Western Union. You might as well put cash in an envelope and send it. :(

I'm always nervous of ANY transaction with moneygram or Western Union. You might as well put cash in an envelope and send it.

Anytime Western Union is mentioned, run. Does any legitimate money get handled by them? LOL

hmmmm i thought jerry garcia was 6 feet under .... never liked his music but i did enjoy the ice crean his wife cherry garcia made.

He contacted me on here about a sunroof assembly that I am looking for.
He said the same thing, paypal dormant only wanted a money gram and when I asked for pics he said due to technical difficulties he couldn't send them. I told him to get lost.

-
Back