Anybody know what this is called

-

ccb610

Reaction score
This came from a 69 dodge dart, it was mounted under the dash on the driver side, know its some sort of vent but dont know what its called or what its worth.

It is a vent box. I sold the two I had for $5+shipping and they were in very nice shape with good working doors..

Yeah, it's for the flow through ventilation. As the manual says, when you are driving, you can open those doors and outside air comes in. Think it said the back windows should be open for them to work best.

its for stashing dope:-\" Or you can put some ice in there to keep your beer cold
no seriously its a vent.I always kept mine closed due to fumes coming in .

its and air brake release door, used for drag racing...you open your windows and the vent doors and it decreases wind drag.

LOL, J/K like was said above its just a fresh air vent for the cowl.....most people just leave them closed.

its and air brake release door, used for drag racing...you open your windows and the vent doors and it decreases wind drag.

LOL, J/K like was said above its just a fresh air vent for the cowl.....most people just leave them closed.
thats my ac lol, its a vent bro

Maybe the a/c can be routed to that if it isn't already and use it as a mini fridge!

I always called them ball coolers.

usually they are leaf catchers-- if they have been closed for awhile-- do not open them up at speed or the debris might cause a problem. nothing like being blasted with this at 60 mph ,Lawrence

usually they are leaf catchers-- if they have been closed for awhile-- do not open them up at speed or the debris might cause a problem. nothing like being blasted with this at 60 mph ,Lawrence

LOL, no kidding!!!
gotta pull over and get the crap out of your eyes, ask me how I know!

-
Back