Anybody live around northern Utah

-

blue73duster

Reaction score
The company I work for is building a new plant in N. Utah. I've been considering transferring. I know the closest nhra track is Boise Id. which kinda sucks because theres several around here. It will be a big temp. change for us,we live in S. Ga. I've lived here all my life (42) and my wife's been here since late 70"s , so a change might be good, plus theres more chances for advancement in a new plant vs one thats been opened since the early 70"s.
Well, enough rambling, if theres anyone around there,chime in and tell me about it. Thanks ......

Moved here from Texas 6 years ago and I will never live anywhere else. I live in Cache Valley where Utah State University is located. I am surrounded by mountains, but the winters are pretty long. There are a couple of other members that live here also. Rocky Mountain Raceway is located just outside Salt Lake City and is new and a great track. Great drag strip, dirt track, oval. Where is your company located in Utah?

Cool,
Box Elder is where the plant is being built. I work for P&G.
I've seen alot of pictures of the area on the internet, looks nice.
I;m not exactly sure where near the lake the plant is being built.
I'll know more details later in the week to see if I'll even be able to do it.
I have not seen much as far as real estate yet, but I've just been looking around on computer. Looks like it would be a nice area for me and the wife to retire,,,in about 20yrs 8)

Box Elder county is just over the hill from me about 20 minutes away. Big farming community, no crime and great hard working people. Is your plant going to be built in Tremonton? Few plants have moved there in the last few years. Box Elder county is about an hour north of the Great Salt Lake. If I can help in any way just let me know.

The only thing I know now is Box Elder county.
It will be making paper ( bounty and possible charmin ) ,so it will have to have easy access to water.
Thanks for replying, I'll know more later in the week.
I'll give you a holler if if I put in for it, as of right now I'm 80% sure I want to.
The county we live in now has almost no crime,real small town ( Lee county )
but the next one over, where everybody has to work, is full of it. It seems like theres a robbery or a shooting daily.
thanx again...

Northern Utah is nice. I have lived here most of my life. I am also over the hill in cache valley. Good luck with the transfer, I hope everything works out for you.

Thanks for replying guys. Bear River City is where I was told the plants being built. Its the first new plant P&G's built in the U.S in about 30 yrs from what I understand. I turned in my interest forms to check it out. I'll be talking to some people from there in a couple weeks,gotta make sure the pays the same,benefits,,if they want me. etc,,etc ,,,. It will be next year before the plants up and running .

-
Back