AnyBody Make A Oil Spray Bar?

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
im thinking of making a spray bar for my SL6.

anybody make there own and also where would a goo place to tap the block? or even tap the rocker shaft its self?

Is there a reason you feel you need one?

Bob, they lube the rockers and cool the valve springs. They replace stock type oil feeds to the top end on some race engines.

smart ***. what's it going to be use for?

im sry i didn't mean to come off that way. yea it just goes into the V/C and sprays oil onto the top end.

the only reason i ask is because i mite be getting some aluminum roller rockers (1.6) knocking my valve lift up to .544. now i know thats not really that much as far as needing a bar but i would just like to be able to keep that top end really well oiled and cool.

im also looking to deck the head again, about another .050 or so on top of my already .110 shave. have a nice combustion chamber!

very good then we're cool. a suggestion is to go to bigblockdart.com and seach for "full time rocker oiling modification w/pics" this may be something you could do to your /6. spray bars are mostly to keep the valve springs cool when you have .750" plus lift.

very good then we're cool. a suggestion is to go to bigblockdart.com and seach for "full time rocker oiling modification w/pics" this may be something you could do to your /6. spray bars are mostly to keep the valve springs cool when you have .750" plus lift.

yea i know but i just had to ask...

thx guys

I dont think you need to worry about it. But tha'ts just me...lol.

My motor has .750" and it has spray bars . The ally rockers will probably (prolly )be happier too .
$0.02
Chryco

2j35o8x.jpg

Joey Arrington built are valve covers for W8 heads and it has spring spray bars with jets. Is your motor dry sumped?

Joey Arrington built are valve covers for W8 heads and it has spring spray bars with jets. Is your motor dry sumped?

its a slant... this post was from when i was looking to get the 1.6 rockers from RAS but they sound like crap so the idea kinda died...

-
Back