anybody out there?

-

WA71swinger

Reaction score
Not a lot of posts on this board. Anyone around Tri-Cities area (WA) wanna come help me wrench on my car? Would like to have it ready for track in 2 months. Have motor assembled (360). Plan to order tranny and torque converter in next couple days. Have and need installed: sub frame connectors, drive line loop, manual steering box, arm, and manual floor shift column, lots of other little stuff. Need: make a decision about how I'm going to get traction on a budget (thinking drag shocks and calTracs to stock springs) and then order it. Need to remove old engine and tranny (slipping tranny/not enough power). Really what I need is motivation. Anybody local? Drop a line. What are you working on? Need a hand? :supz::supz:

If you were a little closer I'd help you out - tri-cities is still a bit of a drive. Good luck I know we have some members in that area....

not on your side of the mountains but agree about there being far too few posts for the great NW.

Still looking for help? I get in at various times but willing to help out. 392 1113 text works best as Im on the RR and phone time is very limited. Dean

About to swap in an msd billet dizzy into the 440 dart. Want to find TDC, make timing marks, set it to 14 degrees initial with 35 total advance. I have not done this before. Have the dizzy set up (springs and bushing). Anyone local done it?
Got the 360 motor and John Cope build reverse manual 727 tranny bolted into the other dart. Need to hook everything else up now. Anyone bored?
Drained the gas tank and refilled, checked fluids, changed rear diff oil, switched out the street slicks, and fired and warmed up the 440 dart today. It's ready to go as it is. Should I really mess with the dizzy swap? The current dizzy has too much advance total or not enough initial advance for the car to want to start. I have screwed with it enough and cannot get it corrected without disassembly of the distributor. I figured if I have to take it out, I'm going to upgrade while I'm at it to a dizzy that is easy to adjust the curve without taking apart. So I bought the MSD and have been looking at it for a week. But, on the other hand, I have been racing and street driving it like this for 2 years. Right now it is hard to start, I have to set the idle high so it don't die idling in gear when its 90 plus degrees outside, and I still have a little too much total advance to have good power at the end of the track without pinging. If I advance to initial timing it starts perfectly. And then I have 44 degrees total timing (way to much). Hoping the MSD dizzy solves these problems. Any thoughts?

About to swap in an msd billet dizzy into the 440 dart. Want to find TDC, make timing marks, set it to 14 degrees initial with 35 total advance. I have not done this before. Have the dizzy set up (springs and bushing). Anyone local done it?
Got the 360 motor and John Cope build reverse manual 727 tranny bolted into the other dart. Need to hook everything else up now. Anyone bored?
Drained the gas tank and refilled, checked fluids, changed rear diff oil, switched out the street slicks, and fired and warmed up the 440 dart today. It's ready to go as it is. Should I really mess with the dizzy swap? The current dizzy has too much advance total or not enough initial advance for the car to want to start. I have screwed with it enough and cannot get it corrected without disassembly of the distributor. I figured if I have to take it out, I'm going to upgrade while I'm at it to a dizzy that is easy to adjust the curve without taking apart. So I bought the MSD and have been looking at it for a week. But, on the other hand, I have been racing and street driving it like this for 2 years. Right now it is hard to start, doesn't want to idle in gear without dying when its above 90 degrees outside, and I still have a little too much total advance to have good power at the end of the track without pinging. If I advance the initial timing it starts and idles perfectly. And then I have 44 (or more) degrees total timing (way to much). I'm hoping the MSD solves these issues. Any thoughts?

-
Back