anybody own an ultrasonic carb cleaner?

-
Here is how they work.

img494.jpg

I would verify with seller its 30L. In the pic it says 10L. If it works good and 30 L(approx 7 gallon) that is a great deal. I have one that works ok, but too small to drop a carb in it.

I have what's supposed to be a nice one, but I am ready to use it for target practice. I've used you name it in it and it does not clean well at all.

I have heard that some of the imports are junk, the transducer is the expensive part, and mine has 3 and I thought that was odd. I called Branson and talked to there tech guy and he explained to me how the 3 unit worked so much better than the 2 or 4 unit one because of the way the waves overlap and can cancel out the other ones.

I'm still waitin to hear if anybody else can hear theirs working. I can and I'm not sure that's normal. Also are they adjustable?
It's been years since I used one, but the answer is yes. Very faint but the answer is yes, at least whith stuff in the unit.
I hate to tell what we used for cleaning solution. This was clean room clean type work.

Some good tips in these threads. Do NOT join Tapatalk. Just close the ad and read the thread.
Solutions for ultrasonic
Cleaning Carburetors
"Deep roots" does a lot of carb resto work...

Removing a stuck metering block

Techniques
Ultrasonic Cleaning - Fundamental Theory and Application

Technique for Ultrasonic Cleaning with Volatile Solvents

I'm still waitin to hear if anybody else can hear theirs working. I can and I'm not sure that's normal. Also are they adjustable?

Your not supposed to run them low on water but if you want to see it work put a couple inch's of water in it and turn it on for a second and look at the waves.
ultrasonic.jpg

You always want to use distilled water, The first time I was using it it got dirty fast so I changed it a lot then I started pre cleaning the junk off before I used the ultrasonic so the solution lasted longer. One day I took off the lid and the was some green thing growing in there! it was half the tank large blob. Then I started using distilled water and never had that problem again.

You hit on something possibly. We have really hard water here. That could be an issue.

-
Back