anybody remember ...?

-

7demon2

Registered User #1824
Reaction score
trivial question here but i was just wondering if anybody here remembers the little plastic trash bags that you got with your cars when you got one new? i think they were from around 69-72?? they used to hang on the glovebox latch or window crank. usally had a logo and something like litterbag or something written on it. i know i was pretty young then but i clearly remember seeing them as well as useing them. i don't know why i just thought about it.... i wonder if any have survived till now? anybody got a pic?

I remember them even up into the 80's.... Seems like the state here gave them out for there anti litter campaign...Been a long time since I seen one...

Yea my uncle had a 76 swinger and I do remember is hanging off the dash. My parents had a 74 Lincoln that had one as well.

yeah i remember them giving them away at some events as well. the new cars usually came with them also. they linda went out of fad sorta like the little styrofoam balls people used to put on their antennas. curb feelers were also pretty popular on cars when i was a kid.

We were given some as part of a "goody bag" at a ranger station at the Badlands National Monument 5 or 6 years ago. They had some hand sanitizer or lotion & some granola bars & other stuff in them. Probably still have a couple out in out camper.

"Give a Hoot, Don't Pollute!" You are correct. I was trying to remember what it said. I did remember a bird being on it. Now I know it was an owl.8)

yes I remember and what about the clear plastic wrap on your seats. my grandpa always had them . grand kids were not allowed unless they are on there and what about the dog or cat with eyes when you hit the brake lights.

yes I remember and what about the clear plastic wrap on your seats. my grandpa always had them . grand kids were not allowed unless they are on there and what about the dog or cat with eyes when you hit the brake lights.

forgot about those! man that seems like forever....seems like all of that stuff went away about the same time or close to it anyway.....

-
Back