anybody seen this done?

-

orangetwist

Reaction score
ok so i have a tor red 71 duster. it currently has a 6 pack hood on it. i also have the stock flat hood, and a set of scoops for it. heres the dilemma. i LOVE the 6 pack hood, but the flat hoods with the ladder stripes and scoops look really good too. i think the main thing i really like about the non 6 pack hood is the paint scheme, the ladder stripes are just so cool lookin. im trying to decide whether or not the 6 pack hood would look good with the ladder stripe paint scheme. maybe not the ladder the whole way up the hood since it loses the raised area after the scoop, but like the ladder up to the opening of the scoop. and then do the outside edges the same as the ladder stripe scheme. Ya know what i mean? i kinda rambled there for a minute lol.

basically combine this paint scheme:

n1223602781_30053468_8586.jpg

with this hood:

16150_1151826355524_1223602781_30350447_6203972_n.jpg

its still gonna be a while before the car goes to paint, but im just trying to come up with some ideas.

I would stop the ladder at the scoop. I think it would look pretty good.

thats what i was thinking too.i want something a little different, probably shouldn't have posted the idea on the net though. now everybody is gonna borrow my idea before i get to do it, LOL.

ok so i have a tor red 71 duster. it currently has a 6 pack hood on it. i also have the stock flat hood, and a set of scoops for it. heres the dilemma. i LOVE the 6 pack hood, but the flat hoods with the ladder stripes and scoops look really good too. i think the main thing i really like about the non 6 pack hood is the paint scheme, the ladder stripes are just so cool lookin. im trying to decide whether or not the 6 pack hood would look good with the ladder stripe paint scheme. maybe not the ladder the whole way up the hood since it loses the raised area after the scoop, but like the ladder up to the opening of the scoop. and then do the outside edges the same as the ladder stripe scheme. Ya know what i mean? i kinda rambled there for a minute lol.

basically combine this paint scheme:

with this hood:

its still gonna be a while before the car goes to paint, but im just trying to come up with some ideas.

Good idea. I would run the ladder up to the scoop, then continue a wider ladder up the scoop.

i like just the black scoop itself or dont stop it at the scoop contiue it right over the scoop that would look cool have zach photo shop it im sure he could do it

i like just the black scoop itself or dont stop it at the scoop contiue it right over the scoop that would look cool have zach photo shop it im sure he could do it

Good idea Dylan,let Zach do some magic for ya so that you can get a look before you commit.8)

sorry took a few minutes...

heres what zach sent. we both agree the 1st one is pretty much awesome. the second one isnt bad, but just not quite the look i was thinking it would be. zach said it best, it just looks a little gooofy for some reason. see what everybody thinks.

SixPackHoodNew.jpg

and number 2

SixPackHoodNew2.jpg

SixPackHoodStrobe.JPG

How about more like this? Sorry about the quality, it was like a ten min. Paint hack.

SixPackHoodStrobe.JPG

You editted the pic I did work on, boooo. :angry7:

Anyway, I dunno bout this... I just think trying to make those stripes work with the scoop is awkward looking... just my opinion though.

I agree, Zach. Keep the ladder on the raised portion of the hood and leave the scoop blacked out. My opinion, too.

X3 or 4 the first picture looks the best. (lost count)

You editted the pic I did work on, boooo. :angry7:

Anyway, I dunno bout this... I just think trying to make those stripes work with the scoop is awkward looking... just my opinion though.

Sorry about using your picture Zach. I didn't think you would mind. And I only used the original not the one you added the stripes to. Didn't mean to offend.

I thought it looked a little awkward too.. But I think the flat hood looks best. So I thought someone else might like it. just putting options out there.

Benjamin

Yeah I don't like it w the stripes in the center w that hood, just looks awkward.

And actually zach did both of those pictures. My hood is all flat black. He added the stripes on the left and right sides too.

It looks like a confused Pontiac with the stripes on the hood. I would just go with all black and no stripes.

64tamelesstiger.jpg

I agree with Zach ... go with the first. The second looks like a out-of-the-carton Trimbrite amateur job.

Sorry about using your picture Zach. I didn't think you would mind. And I only used the original not the one you added the stripes to. Didn't mean to offend.

I thought it looked a little awkward too.. But I think the flat hood looks best. So I thought someone else might like it. just putting options out there.

Benjamin

Haha it's no problem... but I did do work to that pic too. This is in fact the original. Must mean that the work I did on the sides of the hood was pretty convincing :cheers:. You made my day!

n1223602781_30053461_6420.jpg

Yeah I don't like it w the stripes in the center w that hood, just looks awkward.

And actually zach did both of those pictures. My hood is all flat black. He added the stripes on the left and right sides too.

Whoops.... didn't see you already say that.

Anyway... I like the one with the stripes on the side... Better than just a completely flat black hood in my opinion.

Haha it's no problem... but I did do work to that pic too. This is in fact the original. Must mean that the work I did on the sides of the hood was pretty convincing :cheers:. You made my day!

n1223602781_30053461_6420.jpg

Well Yeah.. That does look nice.. What editing program do you use? I'm trying to make the move to computer aided renderings to compliment my hand drawn ones.

Well Yeah.. That does look nice.. What editing program do you use? I'm trying to make the move to computer aided renderings to compliment my hand drawn ones.

I use photoshop 7.0 to do mine... there are a couple newer versions of it now and I'm trying to get photoshop CS3 at the moment.

-
Back