Anybody Throwing Away A 198 Crank?

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
im very loosely starting to collect parts for what will be the fastest NA slant build, possibly in the 9's if put in Mark's valiant.

anyways i need a good 198 crank. mains needs to be standard and rods dont matter, they are getting moved...

i know these cranks are out there but never used...

I don't think I've ever actually seen a 198 slant six in person. Lol even if I have, they look just like a 225 and most would probably say its just a 225.

I don't think I've ever actually seen a 198 slant six in person. Lol even if I have, they look just like a 225 and most would probably say its just a 225.

i know and same here. i may go thru DVAP and see if i can find one. could sell the rods and make my money back, use the rest.

im assuming to usable and all right lol... crack free to your knowledge yadda yadda?

It came out of a running motor, if I remember correctly. I sold the rods/pistons to someone in Canada. The motor was given to me by way of a V-8 conversion.
I will look the crank over tomorrow.

It came out of a running motor, if I remember correctly. I sold the rods/pistons to someone in Canada. The motor was given to me by way of a V-8 conversion.
I will look the crank over tomorrow.

i know your a good egg so im not to worried, just didn't want a boat anchor either. though some claim they all are!

thought the difference in a 198 and 225 was the connecting rods and deck height?

I'm not much into slant 6 but I do have a couple

thought the difference in a 198 and 225 was the connecting rods and deck height?

I'm not much into slant 6 but I do have a couple

225 crank is 4.125 stroke and 198 is 3.64 stroke (thus the need for longer rods)

lets just say im looking for a square motor

225=4.125 stroke/rg block
198=3.625 /rg
170=3.125 /lg

rg block is ~1" taller than lg block

Cool. A square (equal stroke/bore) slant six. Sounds like a riot.

So what's the formula for a 9 sec na 198? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

well a light car sure helps! but to get the bugs worked out and for fun its going in my street car first!

and will say no aluminum other than the intake... if it still has one lol...

Attachments

• 101_4412.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 192
I've always wanted to do a front engine slingshot dragster with a slant.
I believe 9's were done with a 30's something Fiat or Simca bodied slant years ago.
Now you got me thinking about a Fiat Topalino ex gasser/altered car.Hummmmm.

so what mods are you going to do to a n/a engine? fuel injection? nitrous or propane?

alcohol. Is it really that secret???

sorry but yes...

once i get some things nailed down it should go fast but its getting the ducks lined up first...

lets just say i may try to take it to the car show on the weekends lol...

Yes.
Drakes were turbo EFI and alcohol.
Charles Myers, nitrous and alcohol
Dale Rose, Procharger, don't remember if gas or alcohol
Cox Bros, nitrous, and alcohol

interesting alcohol seems the fuel of choice....

-
Back