Anybody use a 73 up duster heater box ina 71 duster?

-

lead69

hopeless car junkie
Reaction score
O.k.,this is crazy but I havent found a single person/wrecking yard that can tell me if a heater box from a 73 up duster is a bolt in for a 71.Anybody here swapped one?,I know the heater core part numbers are different but Im looking for some real world answers,thanks for any help!.

In my interchange book the heater cores and the heater motors are different but they don't mention the heater boxes. Can't help you there. I'll keep looking. Rog

id think all the 70-76 dart sports,dusters,demons would all be the same except for a/c and non a/c ones

id think all the 70-76 dart sports,dusters,demons would all be the same except for a/c and non a/c ones
Nope . They discontinued the rallye panel after 71 and changed the case, controller, defrost ducting, pretty much everything. Still it may be possible to switch everything. Dunno

I'm not sure about a heater only interchange, I am currently modifying a '70 duster to accept a heater/AC box from a '74 Scamp. It appears the flat mounting surface where the old heater box mounts will cover the new stud locations, but they will have to be re-drilled. The fan hole is offset and much smaller. The evaporator core connections are offset toward the pass. side and a new opening will have to be made for the heater hoses. Other than that it looks like it will work out fine.

-
Back