Anybody use a b-body 8.75?

-

justbs

Reaction score
I already own a b-body 8 3/4 unit and am considering it for use in the duster. I've heard of guys doin it, but not much on results. Anybody out there done this? How do tires fit? Do I need to buy special backspacing rims? I apologize, as I'm sure there's a thread somewhere that resembles this already- I'll keep searching...

Got one on my Demon.......Bolt in, wheels are out less than an inch I would guess. Was told perches were different, my springs are straight. Make sure the rearend is 70 or 0lder

A friend of mine has one in his 72 duster, cant tell the difference. He said less than an inch difference.

I measured a 66 and wheel flange is 1 3/8 difference each side and spring perches are 44 inches center to center instead of 43. Russ if your perches werent moved or hangers offset your springs have to be out a half inch in the middle each side.

Thanks all, I appreciate the input. For what its worth, the rearend is a 66 or 67, I think. I discovered the tech pages over at BBD.com have some measurements as well. I guess I was just wondering how the wheels fit and look once its all in. I imagine I'd like the wider stance look. Russduane, do you mean the tires extend past the fenderwells an inch? Or do you mean that they are an inch further out than stock? Anybody got a pic looking up the skirt of one of these?

I,m saying the difference between early b and a body is roughly 3 inches overall.

..........I have a 68 road runner diff in my 74 duster........5 in back space on 10 in rims......295/50x15 tires...........kim..........

I put an 8 3/4 out of a 66 Charger in my 71 Dart Swinger. Moved the perches in and used late 80's early 90's Chrysler minivan steel wheels (looked sort of like silver copcar wheels). They fit perfect and everything. Can't remember the backspace or how much the perches were moved in though :(

Nice!
thanks everyone! Appreciate the dimensions and links! Nice to know that there are those of you out there who have done it successfully and lived to tell about it. Looks like there's a b body rear end goin in my duster... hopefully my 8" rims will fit easily. I've got some 10 inch, but I'm unsure of the backspacing. Thanks for the rim measurements oldkimmer and 64 srt8 dart, I have a lot more confidence this will work well.

I have a '68 B-body rear in my '68 barracuda...I moved the spring perches inwards 1/2" on each side.
I'm using 17x8 mustang wheels with 5.72" backspace.

The chart does have errors- 66/67 is narower than 68-70.
Back in 89-93, I ran a 67 8.75 from a Coronet in my 73 Duster. Almost dropped right in and brought the rear wheels out even with the fronts. One of the best moves I ever made on that car.
All my friends told me it wouldn't fit, and everyone was hoarding 8.75 A body rears and asking BIG bucks for them.

what about the driveshaft would it have to be changed?..looks like a pre-71 b-body would be the best choice, moving the perches 1/2' on each side?

You need to compare that chart to the link at Moparts. There ARE differences

That chart that mopartech posted is the one that needs to be NUKED.

A body width is wrong along with the B body stuff.. Absolute garbage.

I used a 68 B body 8 3/4 in my 66 cuda by moving the spring perches in 1/2 inch on each side. Bolted right in. Tire size was limited to 205/70/14 using rally wheels. without jacking, cutting or special offset.

-
Back