Anybody want to help me build a truck bumper?

-

Bodyperson

Pedal to the metal
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I've never done it. I have some ideas but could use some advise or links. I might even use aluminum. I'm rebuilding a totaled 95 4-runner for my very deserving niece. A new aftermarket bumper and everything I need or even a used bumper is more than 200 bucks, so why not put that money toward some raw materials and have some fun.

diamond plate and channel iron makes one strong bumper for banging or towing . thats what was used here on this motor home .
DSC05969.JPG

just need some alum angle or channel . and of course a welder to put it all together . unless you plan to bolt it together .

Been thinking about the same thing. Cardboard templates to start. I was thinking about 3/8” rod to start framework.

I guess I'm going to have to build one (rear) for the 3/4T. I do have some 2X tube so it will be a simple deal

As you can see it needs one bad. No, I did not do it. "Came that way"

img_0957-jpg.jpg

I guess I'm going to have to build one (rear) for the 3/4T. I do have some 2X tube so it will be a simple deal

As you can see it needs one bad. No, I did not do it. "Came that way"

View attachment 1715153743
I had a box that was too long for my camper too. Sure does like to collect dust. Need to build the bumper tough enough to take down those forest service gates.:mob: just joking.

-
Back