Anybody watch the SyFy show Defiance?

-

65LoveAffair

Whovian
Reaction score
In case you're not familiar with it, Defiance is set in St. Louis approximately 30 years after a multi-species group of aliens attack and try to terraform Earth. It's a decent show, sort of Firefly meets War of the Worlds. It blends good sci-fi/drama with some occasional humor (alien kid runs a pirate radio station playing Earth oldies from the top of the Gateway Arch).

Anybody else watch it? What do you think?

Oh, and the head Lawkeeper in Defiance drives a slightly modified Dodge Charger. So there is some MOPAR in it, too!

Attachments

• DefianceCast.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 294
  • DefianceCharger.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 317
Love that show so far. I'm pretty curious about the game as well, but can't bring myself to try and another new game atm.

Love that show so far. I'm pretty curious about the game as well, but can't bring myself to try and another new game atm.

Yeah, I'm curious about the game too. Still in the middle of Assassin's Creed III at the moment, and I've never been much of a fan of the massive multiplayer games. Who knows? If we get it for our son, maybe I'll join in.

Hmm.

My wife was a HUGE Firefly/Serenity fan.

Gotta love a chick like that.

Hmm.

My wife was a HUGE Firefly/Serenity fan.

Gotta love a chick like that.

My wife loves most things sci-fi, i.e. Star Trek, Firefly, Doctor Who, Defiance, etc. I agree, you gotta love a chick like that.

I haven't watched it, but when I saw the ads for it, all I can think is that it's about time SyFy got back to it's roots.

Too much ghost hunting shows, wrestling, and really cheesy movies.

With the cancellation of Battlestar Galactica and Caprica the whole network started going down hill.

Love the show and watched my bosses play the game. The game looks good to! They already started a faction for our office in the game lol. I plan on getting it soon. I did notice on the last episode they show the dash for a split second and it's brand new lol oops.

They've got an old Dodge dealership as a background set piece, so maybe in an unmentioned backstory they found some old NOS parts... It could happen, right?

Lol true. At some point the new challenger is suppose to be on the show too. You can already get them in game.

Lol true. At some point the new challenger is suppose to be on the show too. You can already get them in game.

I've also heard the new Dart is supposed to make an appearance. Why they would show that piece of shtako (if you haven't watched the show, "shtako" means "excrement") is beyond me. My question is this, though: After aliens invade and partially terraform Earth, are there only going to be Mopars left? Are Mopars the cockroaches of the automotive world?

Lol Idk why eaither. Cockroaches Nah just when the shtako hits the fan eyes get opened to what's trust worthy lol.

Yeah, I'm curious about the game too. Still in the middle of Assassin's Creed III at the moment, and I've never been much of a fan of the massive multiplayer games. Who knows? If we get it for our son, maybe I'll join in.

I like the MMO's, but it is hard for me to start a new one if I am already playing something else. One MMO can be time consuming enough, 2 is too much for me.

If you get it tho, let me know how it is.

That redhead creeps me out!

I think hers is one of my favorite characters. And there is always the added bonus of H.G. Wells from Warehouse 13 (can't remember the actresses name and too lazy right now to look it up) in her skimpy little outfits.

Ah, that would be Jaime Murray. She's not bad at all, either.

Attachments

• jaime-murray-img.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 2,435
defiance_p1.jpg

This one!

Yup, that would be Irisa. The top picture is the one you posted, and the bottom one is another I found of her.

Attachments

• defiance_p1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 401
  • stephanie-leonidas-2013-syfy-upfront-presentation_3599908.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 242
-
Back