anyone buy Grizzly?

-

Max340

Reaction score
Anyone have Grizzly equipment? If so, what model and how do you like it and the company?

yes/no & yes,

dated info however. so 'use at own risk' as it were.

Circa 1984, used their 50" pan & box break in a local
metal fab shop. we beat that poor machine mercilessly.

suffice to say, it (the machine) Never failed.

Don't know about country of origin mfgr these days though...

I have a Grizzly wood bandsaw. I've had good service from both the saw and the company. I've used their cabinet saw and large planer, both of which were good machines.
C

I`ve got a router table and a lathe duplicator for my woodworking shop. I`m happy with the quality of both pieces. They sell a wide array of stuff, some a little better than others. Basically you`ll get what you pay for.

I've got a 48" pan/box brake, floor model drill press, metal band saw, belt/wheel sander, hand held grinder, plus more I'm not remembering..
I have very good luck with all of them. I use them almost daily and have had most of the stuff 5 or more years. Some of there stuff is proprietory in that you have to use their belts on their belt sander and their band saw blades due to odd sizing, but it's real easy to go online and order when you need belts or blades. We also have a retail outlet nearby to pick up the larger stuff.

Dave

My Dad used to buy a lot of their woodworking equipment. He had a couple of planers, band saws, table saws, and dust collection. He really liked their machines. He was a hard core hobbyist and had a shop that was basically like a production shop. He was an avid wood carver (replicated antique decoys) and built all of his own cabinetry. All that being said, he passed away in 2001 so my information is a little dated too.

Thanks for the info. I live less than an hour from their showroom here in PA, so I figured I'd see if the long term comments were as good as the stuff looked in person.

-
Back