Anyone else lose interest?

-
I think that doubt hits all of us at one time or another. Lately I gave thought to selling the FB and getting something more practical to drive. I go to car shows and see those that win have spent alot of money on their cars but have done none of the work themselves. Irritates the hell out of me, but I guess I get more out of knowing I did it, not I bought it, ( just me)
I also realize and agree with someone elses statement that others look at what I have and go WOW!
As humans we just never seem to be satisfied.
If its not fun, step back wait awhile, try again later, or find something else. We all need a little variety in life.

Yup, I just went through a 2 year Phase where the Dart Sport was up for sale(no takers luckily for me unluckily for the buyer because I had it almost $2-3K under priced) I just didnt care..a trip to Carlisle with some family members into cars and Mopars cured me..Glad I didnt sell it now. cant wait to get driving it...id been so OUT of it in 3 years id put 100 miles or LESS over a 3 year span on it. But Now IM BACK...I think a pilgrimage to a major show with people of like mind cures a lot :) . I WONT miss Carlisle next year like I did the past4 years.

I also like shooting and firearms and I was into the shooting sports..I was spending more time at the range and buying new shotguns,rifles or pistols which left no $$ for Mopars or my car so it sat...ive pretty much rounded uot what I "need" as far as that goes now . Now I feel I can concentrate more on the car thing again.

This time im doing it like I WANT TO not like some club or someone else wants me to. I got burnt out going to car shows and entering them and then sitting there from 9am-4pm..thats just not me..I LOVE to go look at a show go to it walk around once or twice talk to some of the guys ask some questions get some ideas then LEAVE that takes around 1.5-2 hours at a normal(non Carlisile or Nats type) event smaller to medium show. VS 6-7+ hours...When I was in a car club and before this most recent break I felt "obligated" or almost "forced" to do these stay all day type shows and it SUCKED! Now I will jump in the Dart drive it to the show or cruise in for a hour to hour and a half then leave...

Im a tad bit bummed out right now..ive not even started the Dart since last November battery is dead lol..gotta wait till tomorrow to get it charged or a new one. Guess thats what happens when they sit too much though so 100% MY fault :( .

I was slowly sliding into a state of disintrest in my cuda, i too went to shows and saw all these nice cars and got discouraged that mine was not nice and straight and i would never have the money to do a restoration now so i have just came to the realization that it may get done some day i'm just going to enjoy it as it is while i wait,i also have become bored of shows and cruise ins lately so my cuda just sits.However my son has bought a charger that we are doing a redneck restoration on and my intrest in working on cars has never gone away [my mind want's to do it but the body don't at times] we have been workin on this thing for months and it don't seem like we have done anything but it's getting done slowly [ya'll know how that is] It seems like every time i have a little money something breaks/gives up/unexpected bill ya'll know life gets in the way of the hobby, i'm not gonna sell nothin it don't cost me nuthin to let it set in my garage till i get my motavation back. Hang in there ya'll it'll come back to most of us life just got in the way for awhile life will step aside sooner or later and we can resume the hobby like we never stopped.

I've been in a slump as well. Seems like murphy's law rules my garage lately. Fix one thing, break three in the process.

My motivation comes from driving my wife's minivan for a week.

My interests bounce around too. But, I never lose interest in the new friends I've made here. I hop on this site at least once a day.

I get doing too many things at once. I tend to get a tad OVERENTHUSIASTIC when it comes to MOPARS. I've got thousands in parts for my 71 Valiant and even more for my M880 Truck sitting for years. I start out with great intentions and always get side tracked. And if all that wasn't enough, last year I took up stock car racing. I've been in a bit of a funk lately. I didn't even want to work on the race car but I'm coming around. Got a bunch of work done on the GTS and we've had it out a few times to cruise nights and stuff.

I've lost interest lately, but I think it is because I allowed my garage to become too cluttered and also have too many projects. I've steadily been puting stuff up for sale so my projects will become less and less. I just sold my pontoon today, I have my enclosed trailer for sale, I plan to sell my motorcycle trailer soon after I do some work on it, and I just need to finish a few items on my sister's motorcycle to be able to get rid of it as well. I figure if I can make some progress on everything else, sooner or late the Barracuda will be the only thing left and I'll have to work on it.

It comes and goes for me too. Cars have been a big part of my life for as far back as I remember, I remember my dad filling the interior of our 72' Skylark with tiresmoke when I was in first grade, and my brother and I laughing and thinking it was the greatest. I just sold my Dart that was my first car, took my driving test in it, etc. I sold it for a good reason, to be able to see my daughter, but I was also really burned out on it. 16 years is a long time to have a car and not finish it. I was recently diagnosed with ADHD, so now I know why I jumped around with so many ideas and never got past primering it. I'm buying something way different, a 57' Dodge truck, and I haven't been this excited about a build in a long time. Just go out and start working on it. Take a part off, detail it, make it perfect, and put it back on. Do it when you are bored, nobody is home, you can't sleep, etc. You will get interested. Again.

-
Back