Anyone else NOT care about Christams?

-
Sorry I had such a god time by myself in a crowd, try it!

Woops did I misspell good? Oh well it works anyway..... (atheist, remember?)

The season brings out the best in people, even if the best is crappy, at best...

Chin up, laces tight, bindings binding, board facing downhill, onward through the storm.....The truth will set you free, gravity sucks!!!!!!!!DOWN!!!

Read the thread, Bless yup,

LCjeff

Figures your an atheist..Please use the name of GOD in the proper manner,by the way a man that has no faith has NOTHING in this world!!!!

Figures your an atheist..Please use the name of GOD in the proper manner,by the way a man that has no faith has NOTHING in this world!!!!

Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison, Andrew Carnegie, Mark Twain, Madame Curie...all of them atheists who did pretty well. Did you 'figure' they were atheists?

We all have a right to our beliefs, it's in our Constitution.

Thanks, sorry if I offended you, that was not my intention.

Thump on, it's your right.

Whole-lotta-nothing, my right,

LCjeff

PS wont I have "a last chance" at the gates of hell?

Yep, I'm another Xmas hater. I have worked construction all my life and until the last few years there was very little work in December and less than little money. Xmas to me is for the retailers to get consumers to buy stuff they wouldn't normall buy. This year (like all years) my wife's 3 kids came home from Calgary Alberta to spend Xmas with us. The only difference this year is that they brought their boyfriends and girlfriends with them. So there are strangers in my house eating my food and drinking my liquor. Mom has purchased 2 out of the six return airline tickets at the tune of $ 2200, plus all the gifts and such. Their ages range from 22 to 28 and love driving my wifes car and it only seems to land back in the driveway when the tank needs to be filled again or the bars are closed, but the little darlings wouldn't even think of drinking and driving home from the bars, yeah right. Big dinners and no help from the little darlings with preparation or clean up. One of my favorite moments this xmas was when my step son bought me a 12 pack of Bud for Xmas then borrowed it later that day to go to a party. So I sit back and bite my tongue because it only lasts a couple of weeks and then they are gone. Honestly these are the worst 2 weeks of my life and that record gets broken as each year passes.

We have a small house and again this year there is no room for any of my family to visit or even have a meal for that matter. So I feel it is up to my wife to set the rules of (my house not our house)becasue they are her little darlings, but she seems to forget that all I ask is that they pick up after themselves, stop barging in our bedroom and try picking up their dirty towles off the floor after a shower. I really hate to sound like Xmas at Archie Bunkers house but I am being smothered by meat heads. I even came home from work the other day and found one of them wearing my bath robe, yep right out of my closet. I understand a mother babying her children but this is ridicolous! Sorry about the rant but I'm out numbered here people.
I could tell you right-now that would not go on in my house. Feelings would be hurt quick and if they didn't like it, there is a Super 8 in the next town.

Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison, Andrew Carnegie, Mark Twain, Madame Curie...all of them atheists who did pretty well. Did you 'figure' they were atheists?

Beat me to the punch, thank you very much.
If I choose to spend my life god-less, I'm only accountable to me, I'm a real A-hole.

LCjeff

God this thread went to hell in a handbasket :snakeman:

I don't know about the others but Ben Franklin was not even close to being athiest.
But.. He wasn't even close to all the beliefs of the church of his time either.

The first here is from wikipedia, the second is from a letter he wrote about a month before he died to some guy named Ezra Stiles.

wiki,
Franklin’s Puritan upbringing was a central factor throughout his life, as a philanthropist, civic leader and activist in the Revolutionary War.[69] Franklin rejected much of his Puritan upbringing: belief in salvation, hell, Jesus Christ’s divinity, and indeed most religious dogma. He retained a strong faith in God as the wellspring of morality and goodness in man, and as a Providential actor in history responsible for American independence.[70] He often invoked God as being in support of the American Revolution, as did most of the founding generation.[71] Franklin wrote, “Rebellion to Tyrants is Obedience to God

letter,
Here is my Creed: I believe in one God, Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by his Providence. That he ought to be worshipped. That the most acceptable Service we can render to him, is doing Good to his other Children. That the Soul of Man is immortal, and will be treated with Justice in another Life respecting its Conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental Principles of all sound Religion, and I regard them as you do, in whatever Sect I meet with them. As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion as he left them to us, the best the World ever saw, or is likely to see; but I apprehend it has received various corrupting Changes, and I have with most of the present Dissenters in England, some Doubts as to his Divinity: tho' it is a Question I do not dogmatise upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an Opportunity of knowing the Truth with less Trouble. I see no harm however in its being believed, if that Belief has the good Consequence as probably it has, of making his Doctrines more respected and better observed, especially as I do not perceive that the Supreme takes it amiss, by distinguishing the Believers, in his Government of the World, with any particular Marks of his Displeasure. I shall only add respecting myself, that having experienced the Goodness of that Being, in conducting me prosperously thro' a long Life, I have no doubt of its Continuance in the next, tho' without the smallest Conceit of meriting such Goodness.

As for me this season,
I am still unemployed, no kids to enjoy the season with, and I'm in Minnesota, where I moved to take care of my 85 year old mother with a broke hip, shoveling snow instead of sunny AZ.:angry7:

so this year it's Merry Frickin Humbug!

Thank you Charger70 for more insight to Ben Franklin. He was on a list of famous atheists I came across and I admit I there is much I don't know about him. By the way I believe in God but I was just shocked that some people judge atheists so harshly.

Thank you Charger70 for more insight to Ben Franklin. He was on a list of famous atheists I came across and I admit I there is much I don't know about him. By the way I believe in God but I was just shocked that some people judge atheists so harshly.

I don't judge atheists, I just don't think they should stick their nose into something they don't believe or agree with.

great we know what ya don't like, how about what do you like?

Why be concerned with something you give no power to?

hmmmmmm.....im thinking this thread is just floating out into the fabo abyss lol....went from a simple comment on someone disliking Christmas... to a preach fest and discussion of historical religion lol.

the point is.....there's alot of us who like and dislike the Christmas season....there is some of us who like and dislike it at the very same time.

some of us have certain beliefs,some of us do not.

If its opening presents that makes you happy....go for it, if its buying presents that makes you happy....go for it, if its celebrating the reason for Christmas...go for it, if its wanting nothing to do with Christmas...go for it ..... lol.

to each his own and at least there is a common denominator that is shared.....were all members of fabo for a reason right?

-
Back