Anyone else NOT care about Christams?

-
All I know is the Grinch SUCKS!! Christmas is about giving & caring for people. The last couple of days I have pulled 15 people out of being stuck in the snow & ice. I didnt know any of them but it made me feel good to give help to people (most of witch were families w/ little kids) on Christmas Eve & Christmas day.

Christmas or not, believer in a higher power or not, this is a great example of giving- which does not need to be saved for a holiday.
overever- you are assume!

Oh, I didn't know he was talking about CHRISTMAS, I thought he was talking about CHRISTAMS, but since he don't care about helping other people, or good will and all that other stuff, I wasn't gonna point that out. I'm just mentioning it for everybody else so you all don't get confused and post about CHRISTMAS!!! Merry Christams all, Geof

Its NOT about having fun its about the birth of our savior the Lord Jesus Christ..thats what most seem to forget or want to for that matter...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Good post! I'm not into presents like I was when I was a a kid. As Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians, there comes a time when we put away childish things.

To me, it is the time when Christians celebrate the birth of our Savior who came into the world not to condemn, but to save.

But it's not about doing good deeds in the month of December. It's about keeping the spirit of the Lord alive year round by ministering to those in need and by trying to lead as many people as possible to a life in Christ. This was why I am involved in church ministry and head up the Muscle Car Ministry at our church.

I fall short sometimes, but my heart is always on Jesus Christ.

First read this thread early this AM and it's been bothering me all day. Pretty easy to preach about it and I don't want to go there, but I don't think anyone becomes a Grinch by choice. Truth is that there are a lot of people out there who don't have much of a reason to celebrate. Sometimes it's a one time shot and other times, it's chronic. I've been reading stories from several FABO members these past months as they deal with illness, loss of loved ones, unemployment, etc. and I would not blame them if they did not feel much like celebrating. As to the religious significance, well, there are some devout people on here and good for you. Some, like myself will have to be satisfied with the more commercial aspects of Christmas and that can be OK too as long as the principle of good will is maintained. I think there might be a few Muslims and other religions out there as well who will celebrate the holiday in their fashion. Christmas is a Christian tradition and has been adopted by our North American culture. No need to water it down with politically correct phrases. Kids make it easier, but Christmas should be for everyone.

Whatever your story is, I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.

Christmas is OK...It's good to see family, everyone happy and together. I loved to see my girlfriend open that little box with Diamond earrings in it...But other than that, the traffic sucks, the stores are crowded, and boy was I pissed when my parts didn't come in the mail when they were supposed to be here...Late because of the holiday season...and...my car parts are still not here...maybe monday...they better be here monday...

i am not religious, so as far as that end of it goes does not really matter to me. worked for the Post Office for 20 years or so, so up until last year Christmas was about 12 hours a day, 6 days a week and then 8 hours on the 7th day from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve. it has been nice the past 2 years not dealing with it. other than my wifes daughters, who live in another state, i have no family. i had a vasectomy at the ripe old age of 23, so i have never experienced Christmas with having kids.....but Grinch, nope. Still like the lights, the tree and all the other stuff.....

Why post where you don't care?

geez ..a lot of effort for those who 'dont care' ha ha

Yes and some spend thousands of dollars making another few horsepower, ha ha.....:bootysha: Frankly, I don't give a dam (and don't read or respond to those threads) if the /6 has 20 more HP as long as it runs and drives at a moment's notice. I'd still like to 'super 6' that creature, but that's not my MO..I'd never use that HP anyways.

Most years it ain't fun. Trust me. lol :bootysha:Wylde1.

Sorry for you, wish I could help.
I MADE it fun (had to force the issue), you can too!!!!, pull a stranger out of a snow drift, help a stranger out on the most important day of their year, feed others (anytime), stop for a break down, snowboard till you cant stand, then help a wounded stranger "comrad or whatever" for half an hour , WHATEVER, it's that "do unto others......." thing..... It'll make you feel good.

Now go shovel that grouchy old lady's walk, she'll never know who did it and everyone in your hood (the neighborhood, no offense) will benefit from her guessing for the next year!!!!!!
Wow I'm sounding like some of those bible thumpers, imagine that!

First read this thread early this AM and it's been bothering me all day.
As to the religious significance, well, there are some devout people on here and good for you.
I think there might be a few Muslims and other religions out there as well who will celebrate the holiday in their fashion. Christmas is a Christian tradition and has been adopted by our North American culture. No need to water it down with politically correct phrases. Kids make it easier, but Christmas should be for everyone.

Whatever your story is, I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.

Sorry for the editing,

Thank you very much for your wise words and observations.

Why is this thread going so far? IMHO Europeans originally came to this great country for nothing more than the right to practice ANY religious belief system within reason (law) and moved in on the locals, big time (well maybe we should call it a mass take-over), the answer? diversity? yup, that's it!! kinda tough to get anyone to agree on anything......ya know!
I think history will tell the truth in the end, maybe not, wtf. We'll see.......

From that book I rarely quote " love thy neighbor as thy self???" that will go a long way to improve the lives of the less fortunate as well.

There are some people that are not gaming the system, you can see them, they are common small businessmen (and those chicks=P~).....help if you can, Christmas or not.

Why be a grinch for 364 days a year? :thebirdm:
that's no fun.

So, "Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year."

LCjeff

Excuuuuuuuuse me!!!! if that's your shtick, if not, whatever........it's all good.

Am I the only true Grinch?

Yep, I'm another Xmas hater. I have worked construction all my life and until the last few years there was very little work in December and less than little money. Xmas to me is for the retailers to get consumers to buy stuff they wouldn't normall buy. This year (like all years) my wife's 3 kids came home from Calgary Alberta to spend Xmas with us. The only difference this year is that they brought their boyfriends and girlfriends with them. So there are strangers in my house eating my food and drinking my liquor. Mom has purchased 2 out of the six return airline tickets at the tune of $ 2200, plus all the gifts and such. Their ages range from 22 to 28 and love driving my wifes car and it only seems to land back in the driveway when the tank needs to be filled again or the bars are closed, but the little darlings wouldn't even think of drinking and driving home from the bars, yeah right. Big dinners and no help from the little darlings with preparation or clean up. One of my favorite moments this xmas was when my step son bought me a 12 pack of Bud for Xmas then borrowed it later that day to go to a party. So I sit back and bite my tongue because it only lasts a couple of weeks and then they are gone. Honestly these are the worst 2 weeks of my life and that record gets broken as each year passes.

We have a small house and again this year there is no room for any of my family to visit or even have a meal for that matter. So I feel it is up to my wife to set the rules of (my house not our house)becasue they are her little darlings, but she seems to forget that all I ask is that they pick up after themselves, stop barging in our bedroom and try picking up their dirty towles off the floor after a shower. I really hate to sound like Xmas at Archie Bunkers house but I am being smothered by meat heads. I even came home from work the other day and found one of them wearing my bath robe, yep right out of my closet. I understand a mother babying her children but this is ridicolous! Sorry about the rant but I'm out numbered here people.

Sounds like the Christmas from hell. I couldn't put up with that crap. They'd be all out on their asses in the frozen snow. Useless mooches. Being generous is one thing. Being taken advantage of is another thing altogether.

Wylde1.

Regardless of how you feel about Christmas, the most important message I can pass along is that God loves all of us, no matter what. He loves us so much in fact that Christ died for us when we were still sinners. If any of you or I were the only people born who had sinned, He still would have come and suffered for us so that our sins would be forgiven. I truly believe this.

Just remember, God loves you and there is nothing you have done that can't be forgiven. His grace, the free gift of salvation, is a gift that is there for you anytime you choose to accept it, when you accept Jesus as your savior. God loves sinners. He hates the sin, but He loves sinners and want all of us to be saved.

Yep, I'm another Xmas hater. I have worked construction all my life and until the last few years there was very little work in December and less than little money. Xmas to me is for the retailers to get consumers to buy stuff they wouldn't normall buy. This year (like all years) my wife's 3 kids came home from Calgary Alberta to spend Xmas with us. The only difference this year is that they brought their boyfriends and girlfriends with them. So there are strangers in my house eating my food and drinking my liquor. Mom has purchased 2 out of the six return airline tickets at the tune of $ 2200, plus all the gifts and such. Their ages range from 22 to 28 and love driving my wifes car and it only seems to land back in the driveway when the tank needs to be filled again or the bars are closed, but the little darlings wouldn't even think of drinking and driving home from the bars, yeah right. Big dinners and no help from the little darlings with preparation or clean up. One of my favorite moments this xmas was when my step son bought me a 12 pack of Bud for Xmas then borrowed it later that day to go to a party. So I sit back and bite my tongue because it only lasts a couple of weeks and then they are gone. Honestly these are the worst 2 weeks of my life and that record gets broken as each year passes.

We have a small house and again this year there is no room for any of my family to visit or even have a meal for that matter. So I feel it is up to my wife to set the rules of (my house not our house)becasue they are her little darlings, but she seems to forget that all I ask is that they pick up after themselves, stop barging in our bedroom and try picking up their dirty towles off the floor after a shower. I really hate to sound like Xmas at Archie Bunkers house but I am being smothered by meat heads. I even came home from work the other day and found one of them wearing my bath robe, yep right out of my closet. I understand a mother babying her children but this is ridicolous! Sorry about the rant but I'm out numbered here people.

OK, you win, that sounds about as crappy as it can get :angry7:

Idiotic family members, severe attachment disorders, social phobia's, bad memories and Christmas do not mix very well.

I think we should take up a collection and fly you down here to Fort Worth for the Good Guys show next October!

Hey with out getting started on a religious argument lets remember what Christmas is really all about, it's giving not getting, my son is in the 82nd airborne and is just outside of Kandahar Afganistan sleeping in a tent w/o electricity or what we consider the very basics of life, and I would do literally anything to have him at home with us at this special time. Not asking for anyone to feel sorry for us, just let's keep everything in perspective.

I lost four fingers on Dec. 11. I still had a great christmas this year. I have four children, so my wife and I do not buy for each other. I love their faces when they get what they wanted, you are only young once, enjoy the good times. We have family members that do not like Christmas. And that is fine. It is not about Christmas, it is about family, love, and caring about each other. For some families it is the only time they all get together. That means alot to mothers and grandmothers. I guess what I am saying is if you dont like your family, your in laws, or kids. Dont blame it on Christmas. Christmas comes once a year, people carry these feelings all year.

I'm not a Christmas hater my three kids see to that, but I hate this time of year. I lost both my parents in December(not this year but over the years) as well as my only grandmother in the first week of January. So i guess I do hate this time of year.

I have read your two threads and I respect what you say, I do not agree with what you are saying..

Boy ! Do I feel for you...spending time with you friends and family is the greatest ! I live spending the dollars I have on my kids..much better than a week where ever..or a bottle of Jack...I can always do that after the kids have left...Watching your kids grow and become responsible ..there is nothing like it..my Mom is now 89...our rolls have reversed..she has thanked the day that she and my dad decided to have kids..and when she passes, I have muy sisters and families..

Christmas, Easter, etc..isn't about the food or presents..it is about family..and when sh** happens, you family helps ya..

However, if you have feelings like 360scamp, and my wife has an aunt and uncle like them..please do not have kids..I have seen too many adults that should never have had them..and the kids end up paying for their parents mistakes..you two are smart by realizing this before you have a family..the big V takes a few minutes..a day or two of pain..frozen corn and peas are better than ice..wait a few months and you are good to go.

However, I do feel for you..I had 5 great years coaching my kids in MX and now we have the duster..looks of good days in store for us..

Cheers..going back to my family now..chow..

Man oh man there X Swinger. One time a feller told me "Show him a woman that wears the pants in the house and he'll show me an unhappy woman". Probably wasn't you he was talking about though. I'd ask em where they learned all of their consideration they were showing the host. When the kid ask for your beer that would have been a good time to go and buy your nuts back from your wife.....if only for a short time.
Small Block

I'm not a christmas lover by any means. last year was the first christmas i didn't have any immediate family in town, mom and dad moved to PA to be closer to my sister. and at this time last year my little boy was still in the hospital where he had been since being born on oct. 30, fighting for life hooked up to machines and in a box. now this year the wife and i are seperated, still no family in town, but my little boy is healthy and happy and had a good fun christmas thanks to the inlaws. i didn't even have enough money to pay my bills this month, couldn't even get him a present. all that being said, whatching him have a total blast tearing up wrapping paper and boxes and seeing him smile made everything worth it. its made me sure to teach him to be thankful for the things he has no matter what and not get sucked into the commercial spirit of the holidays. teach him that helping others and giving is important no matter what he believes, and that in the end, love is the most important thing.
-tim

Sorry I had such a god time by myself in a crowd, try it!

Woops did I misspell good? Oh well it works anyway..... (atheist, remember?)

The season brings out the best in people, even if the best is crappy, at best...

Chin up, laces tight, bindings binding, board facing downhill, onward through the storm.....The truth will set you free, gravity sucks!!!!!!!!DOWN!!!

Read the thread, Bless yup,

LCjeff

-
Back