Anyone else receiving strange PMs?!?

-

BrianT

Here we go again...
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Two weeks ago I got a PM from a member asking if my car was still for sale? My car has never been for sale, so I replied back that I didn't know what he was talking about. No reply back from him.

Today I get this PM

Re: Hi!

Hello yes I have a couple things a dodge 360 also have a full on complete from tranny to engine to wires to fan belts everything u need to run (minus) the carb . Dodge 440 with a automatic tranny with linkage . For the right price I'll throw in a new set never been installed headers for the 440

I never sent this member a PM so how could he reply to my "Hi!" Are wires getting crossed up somehow in the PM system? Weird.

Scammer. Report it to the mods.

I got three PMS yesterday from some kid named joey, asking me to join some ford truck forum...needless to say I blocked that guy ;)

I got one from a "member" asking me to join his site to try out some software upgrades that are being tested before FABO gets upgraded with them. That was JOEYCHGO. He has like 10 pictures of his 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII lSC, no MOPARS, and his post says he is the system administrator here at FABO. Sounded legit. Then there was Dustu with a request for a paypal payment for a carb that I don't need, never have needed one. Spambots, scammers, and other creeps will sometimes try to get info from forum members.

ill never turn down a PM from you Rani :D lol

oh wow ...different reaction than what I thought. :):)

I was just thinking of you the other day in a non-weird way because I was doing one of my mall runs with my teenie bop friends (like OMG) ......of course had to go see whats up at the citadel and chapel hills.

I was looking for mopars all along Academy .......only saw a 72 valiant more door ....that was it.

Attachments

• DSC00284.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 257
I had the same PM yesterday about the FABO upgrades. I didn't do anything but read and disregard.

oh wow ...different reaction than what I thought. :):)

I was just thinking of you the other day in a non-weird way because I was doing one of my mall runs with my teenie bop friends (like OMG) ......of course had to go see whats up at the citadel and chapel hills.

I was looking for mopars all along Academy .......only saw a 72 valiant more door ....that was it.

lol , yea they are far and few between any more. I remember when you couldn't go out without seeing at least one or two old mopars . they dun dried up :banghead: they have these lame meets out east and your lucky to see a dart or a charger in a sea of new "muscle"

I got one from a "member" asking me to join his site to try out some software upgrades that are being tested before FABO gets upgraded with them. That was JOEYCHGO. He has like 10 pictures of his 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII lSC, no MOPARS, and his post says he is the system administrator here at FABO. Sounded legit. Then there was Dustu with a request for a paypal payment for a carb that I don't need, never have needed one. Spambots, scammers, and other creeps will sometimes try to get info from forum members.

I got a similar pm a few days ago but related to ford trucks and no pics of a Lincoln.

-
Back