Anyone ever run Goodyear SS DOT Drag Radials?

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
As the title suggests, has anyone ever run these tires http://www.jegs.com/p/GoodYear/Goodyear-Eagle-SS-DOT-Drag-Radial/1261458/10002/-1? I was looking at drag radials and size-wise I'm pretty much limited to the MTs or Goodyears. I know most people are happy with the MTs, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention the Goodyears. Just sort of curious since I'll be needing some new tires before too long.

I plan on using the MT's also, but I'm glad to see someone else getting into the game.

I find it interesting that the Goodyears are DOT approved, but are intended for racetrack use only. Must be some loophole so that they can be used in FAST racing or something?!?

I think if you read any DOT drag radial they say race use only in the fine print. I've even seen tires with what I would consider normal tread be called "race only" because of compound I guess. How long have the Goodyears been out? I was looking for the good old two slots down the middle tire and thought I remembered Goodyear being the ones that make them, but I came up with the SS's when I started looking. I was surprised I haven't heard more about them since I thought Goodyear was one of the big hitters in race tires.

-
Back