anyone ever try the new 426 stroker

-

h340

Reaction score
has anyone ever tried the 426 strroker for a 360 from hughes engines?? or have any comments on it?

I haven't heard of anyone using that one yet.

I did read in MCG yesterday about the MP 440 stroker small block. With their track record, there is no way I would let them build a stroker for me.

Hopefully this time next year, I will have stroked the 340 in my dart. Still undecided on which kit to use. I need to find a good machine shop around KC that knows about Mopars instead of Brand X.

I havent seen one. I'm guessign they still use the Mopar 6.123 rod, which would leave a real short piston with a 4.18 stroke crank. I'm a big proponent of adding stroke to street and street/strip combos, because it lowers the required power band, and they have more torque available from idle on. But I think unless it's a bracket type car, I wouldnt go longer than 4" because of the piston skirt length and side loading. If it's stricly cubic inch...find a thick enough 340 block, and a 422 is a .060 over bore with a 4" stroke. If this is an offshoot of the low 11s post, I think a 408/416, with good heads, will be plenty enough on pump gas with a race suspension to get you past your goals.

i have a set of stage 3 edelbrocks on my duster fom hughes engines, when i got them back i couldn't say anything bad. i was tickled to death with there work and they also done my intake. they are are very helpful and know exactly what there talking about. i would recommend them to anyone :) :thumbup: :toothy7: :blob:

The work is decent, thier flow numbers sometimes are a little high when compared to what other benches show. But that's common with Indy and several others too. But the work seems to be ok.

I have a Hughes/Engle cam in my engine. Dave is very knowledgeable and was very helpful. I have nothing bad to say about them.

I also have nothing bad to say about Mopar Performance. I'm using one of their crate short blocks and for the price you can't touch it. It's funny that people who haven't had any personal experience with a product will repeat what others who've had a bad experience say. So will they also repeat what people who've had a good experience with them say? Not likely.

I don't have a problem with someone who has had a bad experience talking about it, but I have a problem with people who've had no experience just regurgitating the same lines.

Guitar Jones said:
I also have nothing bad to say about Mopar Performance. I'm using one of their crate short blocks and for the price you can't touch it. It's funny that people who haven't had any personal experience with a product will repeat what others who've had a bad experience say. So will they also repeat what people who've had a good experience with them say? Not likely.

Its human nature to complain more than praise. That's true in everything. You will always find the business guy/salesman pounding his chest louder than any happy satisfied customer would. That's why I take the "I can do it best" deals we read as nothing more than internet/website signage. Having had firsthand experience with all the companies I mentionned, I figure I'm safe stating what I did without joining a mob. "your results may vary"...lol.

I don't have a problem with someone who has had a bad experience talking about it, but I have a problem with people who've had no experience just regurgitating the same lines.

I am glad that you have had a good experience with your MP shortblock.

I have read more negative posts about MP engines and their clearance problems than positive. Enough so, that I have decided to stay away from them. That is just my opinion formed from information gathered on other forums.

From now on, I'll try and only post from personal experiences, not what I have heard. Sort of like gossiping, isn't it?

-
Back