Anyone Frustrated with the Economy?

-
I just retired last month after 28 years as a firefighter but with health insurance so high i needed to find a part time job. I was lucky to start working several months ago with a friend of mine that has a shop. And though I agree times are tough it amazes me how much work we have. I would say if we quit taking another car or truck in it would take us 3 months to catch up on the work we have right now. I guess I shouldn't complain.

What I'm fed up with, I'm working hard, which I don't mind, and making decent money, but my cost-of-living has gone way up. Health insurance $208/mo just for me plus $40 co-pay to see the Dr. Gas prices are so high I don't go places like I used to. $70+ for cel phone, $85 for basic cable/internet, and they say we don't have inflation....yet!

What I'm fed up with, I'm working hard, which I don't mind, and making decent money, but my cost-of-living has gone way up. Health insurance $208/mo just for me plus $40 co-pay to see the Dr. Gas prices are so high I don't go places like I used to. $70+ for cel phone, $85 for basic cable/internet, and they say we don't have inflation....yet!

$208.00 a month? and your complaining? Try $479.00 a month for single coverage or $1200.00 a month to ad my wife! My only choice is single or Family to ad my wife, now that is BS! But I guess someone has to off set other city workers who have 7-10 kids. Guess what they pay for family coverage? $1200.00 a month!

I'm getting My Blue for under $300 a month, single male, 47 no smoke. $2,500 deductible...I see it as a safety net in case of bad news or hospital stay. Think I could had waited a few years but was told I'm at the age when sh*t happens

Hear about Beacon Power ? here us small guys could never get a gov loan but these big guys did and now join the bankruptcy party, they owe over 42 million.

Smart, really smart.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...nt-to-falter/2011/10/31/gIQACNAaaM_story.html

In August 2010, Beacon Power became one of the first companies in the nation to get an Energy Department loan guarantee designed to jump-start innovative and clean energy projects. On Monday, it became the second one to file for bankruptcy.

Beacon Power — which uses large flywheels to store power and help grid operators smooth out dangerous electrical surges — owes the Energy Department $39.1 million and the state of Massachusetts $3.45 million. Its technology was considered a promising way to ensure grid reliability, especially as fluctuating wind and solar energy sources come online.

$208.00 a month? and your complaining? Try $479.00 a month for single coverage or $1200.00 a month to ad my wife! My only choice is single or Family to ad my wife, now that is BS! But I guess someone has to off set other city workers who have 7-10 kids. Guess what they pay for family coverage? $1200.00 a month!

I agree I'm lucky my employer pays part of the premium but what I'm complaining about is cost-of-living for all of us is going up so fast, for example in one year my health insurance premium went up by 20%. And the rates you and others are paying is financially crippling.

If you only the cars were in cali..

I have been looking for a car for a few weeks and haven't seen much worth getting..

Times are tough

Started my 5th year in business with high hopes but five months' downtime from the tornado has turned this into the suckiest year money-wise that I've had since I was a teenager. Barely making ends meet? Sheeeeetttt, my ends wouldn't even recognize each other at this point.

Things have to start looking up soon. People are obviously pissed off and sick of the way it's going ... but nothing's changing because the right people aren't pissed off or hurting enough.

good thing i work at a hospital and my health\ dental is 35$ a month with a 20$ co pay for dr visits

Yes, economy sucks.... Lost my job and lost my house. Now having to rent and take odd jobs to make it. I was a marketing exec for a large corporation and was laid off. Unable to find a replacement job as I'm overqualified for most things it seems. I also have experience in the automotive field but most shops are now using one master mechanic and several unskilled, hardly english speaking, laborors for near minimum wage. All supervised by the master mechanic............. Frustrated that I lost my dream home I worked so hard to get but that's not the hard part. It's when my little girl is teased at school for being poor. The kids here all have the latest electronics, clothing, toys etc... She's in third grade and doesn't understand why she doesn't get those things she wants and was used to getting. She is in for a big disappointment this Christmas as well. One toy and some bargain clothes and that's probably it. Granted there are others out there worse off I'm sure, but it kills me to see my daughter teased for being poor. I hope the people running the country wake up and work out the issues so we all can get back to work! Over 2 million unemployed in California right now which puts us in 50th place for jobs here. Sorry to rant guys but i'm just so frustrated with the economy right now....:banghead:

report a few days ago says october is the best month in the stock market in 25 years,,and that the economy is doing bettter then the EXPERTS expected,,,,and job willbe plentyful in the next 3 to 4 years,,,,where do they get this crap ??? after those comments in the media,,,watch the price of GAS and OIL go UP

Balls, cats and beans. Can't get by nowadays unless you're a gangster slinging parsley and baking soda to unsuspecting teenagers.

report a few days ago says october is the best month in the stock market in 25 years,,and that the economy is doing bettter then the EXPERTS expected,,,,and job willbe plentyful in the next 3 to 4 years,,,,where do they get this crap ??? after those comments in the media,,,watch the price of GAS and OIL go UP

I think the cats out of the bag..
People are beginning to see the elephant in the room.

Today I read the old Nabors CEO is getting a 100 million dollar severance..
(I understand he's been with the company for some time, but it's his SEVERANCE)

That's equal to 3,846 average american YEARLY income

When is a man worth more than 3,846 of his fellow countrymen?

Strange times we living in

Yes, economy sucks.... Lost my job and lost my house. Now having to rent and take odd jobs to make it. I was a marketing exec for a large corporation and was laid off. Unable to find a replacement job as I'm overqualified for most things it seems. I also have experience in the automotive field but most shops are now using one master mechanic and several unskilled, hardly english speaking, laborors for near minimum wage. All supervised by the master mechanic............. Frustrated that I lost my dream home I worked so hard to get but that's not the hard part. It's when my little girl is teased at school for being poor. The kids here all have the latest electronics, clothing, toys etc... She's in third grade and doesn't understand why she doesn't get those things she wants and was used to getting. She is in for a big disappointment this Christmas as well. One toy and some bargain clothes and that's probably it. Granted there are others out there worse off I'm sure, but it kills me to see my daughter teased for being poor. I hope the people running the country wake up and work out the issues so we all can get back to work! Over 2 million unemployed in California right now which puts us in 50th place for jobs here. Sorry to rant guys but i'm just so frustrated with the economy right now....:banghead:

X2 It is also difficult for my daughter to understand; although she handles it very well.

As long as deer and other animals keep roaming around my yard it wont be too bad.....:lol:

Just as long as I don't need to go to cat food with the tuna helper.........:lol: Oh wait cat food is $0.50 a can........Too much...

I keep my bills at the bare minimum and am finishing up a wood gas generator for electricity.

Frugal!

I have been prepared for the worse for many years as I have not worked a Real Job since May 2006; My income has been under $5k since then and I am still able to keep a house and feed my daughter and it actually is not too bad with that low of an income....I adjusted well...

The economy will not get better until we take back our goverment from the greedy bastards running it.......

Don't even want to get into my story of how bad it is to try an make ends meet. I am in the process of taking a second job,that took me over a year to land, and since the job I work at cut my hours....and the wife is still unemployed for going on a year...

it feels like it will never end...

Goverment for the people by the people..........

I've been unemployed for 10 months now, scary. Same employer for the last eleven years and only two employers in 25 years (Operations Mgr for distribution warehouses). Hard worker and never missed a beat but it was a business decision by the owners that needed to be made and I understood, timing just sucks. Getting by on savings and weeny unemployment , wife's small salary , thankfully we've always saved and haven't had to touch IRA but the house will be gone soon as we've been forced to prioritize and health insurance is first. Something's gotta give soon, I've expanded my job search to out-of-state even though we don't want to move away. I really think I'm tired of working for "the man" , I'd like to see what it's like to reap my own rewards for hard work, just not sure where to start as far as a small business. Don't really want to "alter" my resume so I might get hired as a flunky ...... stress is taking it's toll as well. God's got it all under control.

You almost have to travel to find a decent job now. I feel for you guys with kids, must be rough.

Freaken Canada is doing much better, that what gets me. All the laughing at those folks who said back in 2000 to move to Canada when GWB got in. That the USA is going downhill, how right they were. Heck home prices are still increasing in Canada, in the greater Toronto area you need $500,000 now for a nice home on a nice street. Back in 2000 it was no more than $300,000 and the Canadian dollar was 20% lower.

I was too lazy to move, should had tried, if I only knew how bad things were to get. I thought it be bad but this bad, no way.

You almost have to travel to find a decent job now. I feel for you guys with kids, must be rough.

Freaken Canada is doing much better, that what gets me. All the laughing at those folks who said back in 2000 to move to Canada when GWB got in. That the USA is going downhill, how right they were. Heck home prices are still increasing in Canada, in the greater Toronto area you need $500,000 now for a nice home on a nice street. Back in 2000 it was no more than $300,000 and the Canadian dollar was 20% lower.

I was too lazy to move, should had tried, if I only knew how bad things were to get. I thought it be bad but this bad, no way.[/QUOT

boy we did feel the crunch up here during the global recession as did everyone else - only difference is we bouced back a little quicker - which is, i agree pretty odd compared to the past histories of both economies - better times are coming.....

I'm already retired (63 yr) and get social security, but that does not go far.
Diesel fuel was about $4.00 a gallon 3 weeks ago, now it's $4.399 a gallon
so my truck does not move much.

I get some extra work hauling cars, but after I pay my fuel, it is not much
profit for me.

I'm just lucky my wife still works and has a good job with medical.

I still can make some money moving car parts- things like a '67-'72 F-series dashpad (no tears) for $125, '67-only F-series arm rests for $45 per pair, plastic A-body glove boxes for $25-30 bucks, trunk releases for $30...small stuff does okay, but the more expensive stuff is probably much harder to move. I don't depend on it, I just do it when I know I can turn a few bucks for my car toys

The global economy is taking it's toll. Everytime Greece hiccups the markets take a dive. I'm retired and trying to make it on my IRA and Social Security. It's beginning to occur to me that Wall street is a fools bet. We were in NYC this week and we stopped to see the Occupy camp. It's amazing that that small group has the Wall street crowd so crazy. We have lost the middle class. We have a demand economy, but no demand for it's goods.

Well blame the voters who back in 2000 voted for GWB and not Gore....I really didn't like either one but GWB said he was going to cut taxes for the upper class, why did so many middle class folks think GWB was going to help them?

Clinton was a jackass and green loving Gore wasn't much better but those guys were more on the middle-lower class side then GWB.

I felt so bad back when GWB got in the White House. That was almost 12 years ago and it sure doesn't seem that long ago. Then I got some hope up when Obama got in but he turned out to be just a tad better then GWB...well we got more friendly custom agents..least they don't shout orders at you like they did back when GWB picture was hanging in every custom office. Can't believe what Obama did to Libya--I thought he got some type of peace medal.

This is why I say heck with it, let somebody like Cain have a shot at it. If GWB & Obama deserved to be the president then hey, so should many others.

Things are so bad even the Subway's in the hole!
Things are so bad that pumpernickel is now pumperdollar.
Things are so bad even windows have panes.
...King Kong was down graded to Price Kong.

Sorry, just trying to keep it non-political. lol

everybody thank bill clinton hes the one that signed nafta in. so they could give all the us companies tax breaks to take there plants and jobs over seas. nafta north american free trade act wheres the free trade at. no job, no money, goin down the drain more ands more everyday. america do you remember what ROSS PEROT said youll hear a giant sucking sound. sucking all the jobs out of this country. thank you MR CLINTON for sellin out america.

-
Back