Anyone Frustrated with the Economy?

-

oneway71

Reaction score
First off: Lets not turn this political.

Vent:

Are the days gone where one can make a few $ from buying and selling?
Nothing is selling...
banghead.gif

For about 23 years I was able to make a few $ buying and selling cars but this year nothing is selling...... Even at major losses I am unable to move anything!
eek.gif
And I don't want to part anything...I like to keep the cars complete......

And to top it off Winter is just about here and I have no Wood stockpiled, Garden sucked this year; so nothing major in the reserves!
banghead.gif

It may be chilly this year....
lol.gif
but the Propane company will like me more!

Finally after a few years of just getting by I am frustrated enough to complain....
whistling.gif

Well gotta go and keep plugging away! Things will get better as time goes bye!
thumb.gif

Always gotta keep looking for the positive!
icon_smile.gif

Yes the economy sucks and it seems to get harder each year. Scrap prices are down and good thing I have no truck to pick scrap up.

Before last summer I could pick up a lot of metal (ref,washers,ac units and such) and make enough money for food,a car repair and gas money. It went all down hill during the summer. Now we have relocated maybe I can get into it later. But now it's not worth the time to find a old 3/4 or 1 ton truck to haul scrap with.

This coming spring I hope to have a Freezer and a garden so we can put up food by canning and freezing.

Yes the economy sucks and seems to be getting worse for me. 40 year old cars are not selling. I also don't think there is money in parting cars. I can see selling a few key parts right away then taking the rest to the scrap yard in 6 months.

"First off: Lets not turn this political" Good luck with that.

Yea, it's been bad for a long time, and I don't see how anyone can change it either.
My garden sucked too.

ha jay leno explains this every night with his "the economy is so bad that.."

on a personal level, if your doing bad, ya, it sucks. if not (me), then no, not really. i just heard on the radio people have spent 7 BILLION this year on holloween crap. somebody has $$ to blow on useless stuff

Yes the economy sucks and it seems to get harder each year. Scrap prices are down and good thing I have no truck to pick scrap up.

Before last summer I could pick up a lot of metal (ref,washers,ac units and such) and make enough money for food,a car repair and gas money. It went all down hill during the summer. Now we have relocated maybe I can get into it later. But now it's not worth the time to find a old 3/4 or 1 ton truck to haul scrap with.

This coming spring I hope to have a Freezer and a garden so we can put up food by canning and freezing.

Cliff, what are junk cars bringing in Tulsa. Due to a contract I can't tell you exactly what I am getting per ton on cars but it is over $200. They haven't dropped in Stillwater. Car batteries are still good, I just siold 1760 pounds today at 20 cents and that brought in $352.00.

Hope they spent more on candy than they did on costumes-at least candy,well most of it ,is made here!!!

Vent:

Nothing is selling...
banghead.gif

For about 23 years I was able to make a few $ buying and selling cars but this year nothing is selling...... Even at major losses I am unable to move anything!
eek.gif

And to top it off Winter is just about here and I have no Wood stockpiled, Garden sucked this year; so nothing major in the reserves!
banghead.gif

lol.gif

Finally after a few years of just getting by I am frustrated enough to complain....
whistling.gif

thumb.gif

icon_smile.gif

We had the hottest summer on record and gardens never produced much anything.

Vent:

Nothing is selling...
banghead.gif

eek.gif

banghead.gif

lol.gif

whistling.gif

thumb.gif

icon_smile.gif

yes it bad everything is down but i must say i work for the Loc. township and we own a Golfcourse (which is where i work) i don't know where Golfers get there money to play this game but some of them play 5 days a week and most are retired you tell me how i work there and can't get to play (and i play for free) can't book a tee time after the BILLS were all payed this public Golfcourse cleaded $500,000 but yet things are bad

Cliff, what are junk cars bringing in Tulsa. Due to a contract I can't tell you exactly what I am getting per ton on cars but it is over $200. They haven't dropped in Stillwater. Car batteries are still good, I just siold 1760 pounds today at 20 cents and that brought in $352.00.

I have been trying to find out Even Asa said they are down. I know they were $10.50 per hundred for a car in NC. After a few repairs on Lucille I will look for a old cheap truck but not in Tulsa everyone thinks they have gold.

$7 billion on Halloween? WOW.... Gotta keep the kids happy even if the car is getting repo'd :lol:

Golf...I have not been in many years......

All the replies have put me in a good mood!

Out of that 7 billion for Halloween, 6 billion might be from the fat cats throwing their big parties and the other 1 billion from everybody else.

Its sad with no end in sight. Heck I would give Cain a shot, what the hey

I just got out of service and I can't find a job that pays anything......

Wow, why did you choose now to get out? Downsizing, couldnt hit your Fitrep (kidding) My friend got right into the National Guard, kept his retirement clock going, then got into the post office after taking the test numnerous times. You can go full time NG as a recruiter or office pogue, He basically manned the armory 40 hours a week and went to Europe for Oktoberfest every year for his 2 week drill, now thats a hooked up CO! Someone here had a booming oil co down in TX that couldnt find enough men, wish I remembered his name as I got a buddy struggling right now. Another guy went to community college to learn HVAC and is now in Iraq sweating his *** off so others may have A/C at about 100K a year tax free. 2 1 year contracts with an option for a 3rd if needed. Thats 300 large banked, not bad if he makes if he makes it back. Godspeed, Jason!

F

And to top it off Winter is just about here and I have no Wood stockpiled,

Yeah, get this. My duma$$ neighbor just cut down over 17 trees in his yard. Not because there was anything wrong with them, he bitched at the cost of getting the leaves taken care of by the lawn service last year. I'm not talking small trees eitheer, I'm talking 150 y/o + oaks and had them hauled away. Some neighbors are asking why he moved here in the first place if he didn't like trees. We live across from a forest preserve with fully wooded lots and lots of animals passing through.

Now the economy:

Yeah it's very slow. The jobs were sent out of our country to other countries. These politicians can't figure out why unemployment is soo high. Did they forget that they gave all of the companies tax breaks to move their factories out of this country. And there are no jobs to go back to...Duh....

They don't care. They are getting their $250 k + a year jobs with health benifits and pension plans we would kill for. Not to mention the thousands/millions lining their pockets from the lobbyists buying them off... They are not hurting, they can't understand why the rest of the country is...

Herman Cain says, "You don't have a job, and aren't rich-blame yourself!" The disconnect between the upper 2% and the rest of us, is like being on opposite sides of the Grand Canyon.

China's days are numbered, the population there is finally getting how bad they are being screwed, they are demanding higher wages and better conditions. The govt. there will have to deal with the environmental havoc these companies are waging on their water, air and soil. Soon it won't be profitable to be there. And the biggest kicker that no one seems to mention, China's COMMUNIST-we had the cold war with the old Soviet Union-no business dealings, North Korea-no business dealings, Cuba-no dealings, but China-they're cool, go ahead. America's policies tend to contradict it's ideologies, when massive profit is involved.

What I am most fustrated with is how the media is manipulating the damn economy. Every time some good news comes out they gloss over it with some dire news about some freaking country I never heard of before going belly up or harping on the tidbits of doom and gloom they can find. Like everything else its all about how much bad news they can publish. It's bad enough that the market has become so influenced by "news" and events around the world and less about the fundimentals but now we have our asshole media commies trying to influence it all.

work is so slow they laid off one of the drivers
so now I will be picking up more hours
bad for him good for me I guess

-
Back