Anyone going to Musclepalooza this weekend?

-

moparclown

Reaction score
This Sunday is the Musclepalooza event at Lebanon Valley and was wondering if anyone is going?I will be there all weekend racing and hanging with friends and family.

Going on Saturday only.... Gonna have my Omni. Heads are still not installed on my Dart.

damn straight we'll be there

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 243
This car is supposed to be there this weekend and I have been waiting to see it.

Attachments

• Bee259.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 223
I've seen this car in action...... It is no joke!

I was watching the build over on moparts plus the black RR was impressive in the fast class. but I have been wondering how it was gonna be with no cold air hoods in 68?

I'm going on Sunday I'll be there. I think I'm bringing the 67 GTS.

Carl

Excellent
Hauled the camper up tonight and will haul the kids and cars up tomorrow night.
Sounds like were gonna have a great mopar turnout

My helmet arrived today so I good to go. I'll be there Saturday only though. Look for the silver Omni GLH.

My helmet arrived today so I good to go. I'll be there Saturday only though. Look for the silver Omni GLH.

I seen ya runnin:D
I was having fuel problems all weekend and was in the gamblers race when I spotted you.

If anyone has any video or pics of my car(red 69 barracuda)please post it.

Still had a great time with my kids and friends and that place was jam packed.
Got to talk to Dave(the guy that owns the black 68 Bee)as he has some great info with a dyno with the str12 and other small block stuff also:cheers:

Its hard when your racing to get pics but I have this one from our pit area.
Doug

Attachments

• 101_9031.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 189
I seen ya runnin:D
I was having fuel problems all weekend and was in the gamblers race when I spotted you.
Doug

I was having issues all day. That's what I get for not racing that car for three years. I'm bringing it back for the Mopar event, hopefully with all issues ironed out.

I was having issues all day. That's what I get for not racing that car for three years. I'm bringing it back for the Mopar event, hopefully with all issues ironed out.

It was quite warm and humid.
I had to shut mine down at about half track as it started to lean out,which had me thinking right away about what happened because there is no reason with the two 600 holleys breathing down on my 360 that this thing should ever lean out:burnout:
The show on Sunday had a huge turnout,someone told me that there were 350 cars racing(final round in the dark with the lights on) and over 400 in the car show.
I might race at the Mopar show but not sure yet as I usually sell parts at the swap meet.The funny thing is that I haven't sold enough the last two years at that show to even cover the vender spot,so if I am gonna spend the $$$ to haul up there and to get in I might as well race.

How did Dave's black R/T run ? I know shake down passes were in the 11.30s !

My son said he saw it make an 11.03 pass
which brings up the deal of these cars don't need a roll bar?and there under the 11.49 index which requires it.

Actually Pure Stock rules say no roll bars allowed. The put that rule into place to try to keep guys from getting carried away and taking the fun out of the class for the guy with smaller pockets.

Maybe they shouldnt have made changes to allow you to raise your compression an extra 1.5 points and should make guys run stock exhaust and ignitions.

Dave built one hell of a car though.

Actually Pure Stock rules say no roll bars allowed. The put that rule into place to try to keep guys from getting carried away and taking the fun out of the class for the guy with smaller pockets.

Maybe they shouldnt have made changes to allow you to raise your compression an extra 1.5 points and should make guys run stock exhaust and ignitions.

Dave built one hell of a car though.

That makes no sense at all(roll bars cost a lot less than the engine dyno time these guys are using),its a safety rule that all have to follow if your car goes faster than 11.49 in 1320 feet and you want to race it at a track.

No, they are using the no roll bar rule to try and slow guys down. The rule states if you go fast enough to need a roll bar you are disqualified.

OK thats fair enough
That car won't have to work that hard to acomplish that,:tonqe:as I didn't even give you the MPH on that 11.03 it was 126MPH which tells me that car is capable of a 10 second quarter in the right conditions?

-
Back