Anyone had their '67 Dart GT trunk finish panel resto'd?

-

65Val

Average Length Member
Reaction score
Anyone had their trunk finish panel for a '67 Dart GT restored???? Where'd you get it done???...How'd they do it???....How much was the bill?????

Thanks gang!

I know somedody in Ottawa, pm me I'll send you the info, he'll need to see it. [email protected]

I had a local guy work on it and it looks ok after the painted strips were done. After getting my rocker trim restored by The Finishing Touch, looked darn near perfect, on the north side of Chicago I decided I should have had them do the trunk panel. They are not cheap but do really nice work. The Finishing Touch has a web page. Just search for them. I have been toying with having them redo the panel and the three of the original panel trim parts. The fourth one I had new from some time ago.

I had a local guy work on it and it looks ok after the painted strips were done. After getting my rocker trim restored by The Finishing Touch, looked darn near perfect, on the north side of Chicago I decided I should have had them do the trunk panel. They are not cheap but do really nice work. The Finishing Touch has a web page. Just search for them. I have been toying with having them redo the panel and the three of the original panel trim parts. The fourth one I had new from some time ago.

So, I guess you polish the whole panel, then mask the raised areas and spray the rest with a rough texture-type paint? Is that paint available in a rattle can?

So, I guess you polish the whole panel, then mask the raised areas and spray the rest with a rough texture-type paint? Is that paint available in a rattle can?

The body shop took the panel to a shop that straightened it and polished. They polished the entire panel. Then the body shop painted the bands with silver grill paint. But I really think The Finishing Touch would have done a better job on the dent removal/resto. It would be very rare I think to see any of these panels on cars that haven't been restored without dents. The bumper only sticks out about 1" beyond the panel. A place like The Finishing Touch would do all the work including the painting but they are not cheap.

I've seen grill paint in cans on the net.

Anyone have a web site for The Finishing Touch?? Tried finding it but all that wanted to come up was a site for female facial hair removal.

-
Back