Anyone have a 06 ram and your a/c quit working

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My ram 06 2500 a/c doesn't work.
Last year I replaced everything under the hood pertaining to the a/c system.
Fuse doesn't have power
I powered up the ac system with a power probe and it worked. Does anyone know how to bypass the fuse panel , any way that will work and not freeze the thing up from not turning off
I am an automotive electrical dummy.
Please help

There is a pressure switch ON the back of the compressor on that, "I THINK" and they are notorious for going bad. You might try that.

I think the real fix is replacing the entire fuse box, it has a name I can't remember. Im building a race car and don't wanna spend over a grand on that thing

TIPM is the fuse box you might be referring to.
there is a place who rebuilds them cheap. I think summit might even carry some

TIPM is the fuse box you might be referring to.
there is a place who rebuilds them cheap. I think summit might even carry some
Yep, that's it tipm. I will check around, thank you

Only modern manufacturers could take a simple relay/ fuse panel and turn it into an undependable computerized nightmare.

My old junk has no such thing, 01 Cummins and 00 Dakota 5.2

Only modern manufacturers could take a simple relay/ fuse panel and turn it into an undependable computerized nightmare.

My old junk has no such thing, 01 Cummins and 00 Dakota 5.2
Agreed, I might as well put this truck away for the summer and drive my 95 ram or the 99 5.9 Dakota which has great a/c

I'm guessing you replaced the low and high pressure switches however the climate control switch on the dash is what went bad on my '02.

Replacing parts is just guessing!! Get a voltmeter, or find someone who knows how to use one..... once you find where the 12v stops, you'll know exactly where your issue lies. You already know the thing works, you are almost to the finish line lol.

I'm guessing you replaced the low and high pressure switches however the climate control switch on the dash is what went bad on my '02.
I will test that, the light goes on and off when I touch the button, the recirculation doesn't though. Maybe I should start there.

Didn't you say the fuse is not getting power? I have no documentation on the newer stuff and even my old 01, it takes me a long time to dig through the convoluted manual. But if it's not getting power clear back at the fuse, that is where I'd start

My ram 06 2500 a/c doesn't work.
Last year I replaced everything under the hood pertaining to the a/c system.
Fuse doesn't have power
I powered up the ac system with a power probe and it worked. Does anyone know how to bypass the fuse panel , any way that will work and not freeze the thing up from not turning off
I am an automotive electrical dummy.
Please help
WHich engine does it have? Which fuse number does not have power? When you jumped power with a power probe where did that go to; straight to compressor, or to the fuse itself?

Also, does anything else noticeably not function, like other features or accessories?

WHich engine does it have? Which fuse number does not have power? When you jumped power with a power probe where did that go to; straight to compressor, or to the fuse itself?

Also, does anything else noticeably not function, like other features or accessories?
Boy that's a lot to remember as it was last year but I believe it was powered to the 2 wires coming off of that fuse for the ac, I checked 23 & 32 I already cut and attempted to run a relay off of it, that didn't work probably because I'm tooooo dumb to wire up a relay.
It's a 5.9 Cummins 4 by 4.
I may have power probed it from the wires that go to 32 or the pressure switch

@MOPARMAGA
When you say the AC doesn't work, do you just mean the fan isn't blowing air out the vents?
That's what mine did some years ago. The compressor was working so as long as I was moving, I could feel a little cool air at the vents.
I searched the problem on youtube and there it was. The ignition switch. What???
Sure enough. Looked that up and the factory switch was nearly $200. The parts stores had them frrom $20s, $40s, and up. I got a mid-priced and problem solved.
For about 2 months. Then it quit again. Time to buy the expensive factory switch. It has worked fine ever since.

@MOPARMAGA
When you say the AC doesn't work, do you just mean the fan isn't blowing air out the vents?
That's what mine did some years ago. The compressor was working so as long as I was moving, I could feel a little cool air at the vents.
I searched the problem on youtube and there it was. The ignition switch. What???
Sure enough. Looked that up and the factory switch was nearly $200. The parts stores had them frrom $20s, $40s, and up. I got a mid-priced and problem solved.
For about 2 months. Then it quit again. Time to buy the expensive factory switch. It has worked fine ever since.
When I turn the a/c button on the clutch for the compressor won't lock up and all of that is brand new

Yup. I just bought an 06 Cummins about a month ago and the AC doesn’t work. I’m afraid it’s the TIPM in mine as well.

@Heywodja do you have info on the place that rebuilds them cheap?

Yup. I just bought an 06 Cummins about a month ago and the AC doesn’t work. I’m afraid it’s the TIPM in mine as well.

@Heywodja do you have info on the place that rebuilds them cheap?
I tell you what, that tipm thing sucks.

I found a good write up on how to temporarily fix it. But if it could also shut off by the pressure switch then that would be a permanent fix in my book

Why, what is it doing exactly?
I really haven’t dug into mine at all, but it won’t do anything when I push the ac button. My volt meter also shows like 18v+ even though when I got the batteries and alternator tested and checked everything with a bolt meter, everything looked perfect. So with the multiple different electrical quirks, I’m suspecting the TIPM.

My tachometer doesn't work either but that's supposed to be crappy soldering from the factory wherever these electronics are made

Agreed! Probably one of the worst things Chrysler ever incorporated! Glad they’ve since gone away from them.
Yep, just have to spend $50,000 for a used truck rather than $20,000

-
Back