[WANTED] anyone have a 727 dipstick laying around?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I snapped the finger loop of mine
it will still work as a plug, but I doubt ill be able to get it back out once the drivetrain is back in the car

anyone have one laying around they can part with?

727 SB

it originally came in a motorhome
(don't know if that makes a different or not)

the tube mounts to the bellhousing with one of the bolts that attaches it to the motor (to give you an idea of length, it is only about an inch higher then that bolt)

Can you measure the length of the stick from where the rubber part slides into the tube to the end? That way I can make sure I have the right one.

its 11 3/4 to the bottom of the rubber
the number stamoed on it is 2955290

and that's not even counting the part that is INSIDE the rubber

lol

does that mean you got it covered?

Thanks guys, if I can get by without spending the money on a brand new one I would very much appreciate it
That and I don't really need a new tube with it (though it wouldn't be an excessive luxury)

That is an odd ball dip stick you have there. All the ones I have are 18-18 1/4" from the rubber to the tip. I even checked the one in my 69 727 Dart. You may have to replace the tube and stick with a new one.

come to think of it, I could just take one of the longer ones and cut it down no?

Just replace the tube and dipstick. That one you have might be hard to reach, as it was a van type and under the doghouse. I'd replace it with one out of a car.

Probably the best suggestion there Bruce...but I want to get that engine in this Monday evening...it's been out too long as it is

so it seems the transmission is coming out again
which means I can now swap the dipstick AND tube to the proper one

so...looks like I got it covered

thanks Kid, but Tony beat you to it and we are working out a deal right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back