Anyone have experience with building a X block

-

Big_Al

Reaction score
I have the chance to pick up a couple X blocks and 3 sets of w2 heads and much more in a deal. Are Xblocks any good because this is the first time hearing about them. Can they handle a lot of power because I want to build a turbo motor.

yes, X blocks are very strong but, always have someone look it over, like your machinist before you buy it if at all possible. make sure you know what you are getting. I think there were 3 versions of the X block. Copy the casting numbers down and look it up so you know what your dealing with.

Yeah they will all be checked over I believe one was used and one wasnt. They both have 4 bolt mains. What is a X block worth.

They are supposed to be one of the strongest small block mopar blocks....

Race blocks....

is the x block stronger than the r3 block version

I have a X block and they certainly look very similar to a R block. They are missing the extra cylinder head bolt holes that are found on the R blocks. The one I have is a four bolt bottom end. I would think the bottom end would be similar strength wise.

If the price was right on a X block buy it. They are a huge improvement over a factory block. It would be a good block for a boosted application but the R block with the additional head bolts would probably be even better.

-
Back