Anyone have good luck with the USPS finding their lost auto parts in the system?

-
What'd you pay for the calipers, $40? It's not worth your time at this point. Chalk it up to the cost of doing business. You win some, you lose some. In this case, you lost.
Nope.
Where did you come up with a low dollar figure like that anyway?
A lot more than that.
On top of that, there's the 23 bucks that i paid for priority mail shipping that i lost out on also.

Nope.
Where did you come up with a low dollar figure like that anyway?
A lot more than that.
On top of that, there's the 23 bucks that i paid for priority mail shipping that i lost out on also.
So, how much were they - $100? 200? My point was, it likely isn't worth the headache of dealing with an agency like USPS over. How much is your sanity worth?? Chalk it up as a loss.

I’ve had several packages lost by USPS and have NEVER NOT ONCE been successful in recovering them.

One word: INSURANCE

Here's my latest problem with the USPS as of this morning, when clicking on my computer.
I got an e mail notification from the USPS stating that my inquiry has been closed, as the tracking number is showing the package as delivered.
Which is a false statement.
All that i got was the shipping label that was on the top of the package that the postal clerk at the post office in Georgia put on the box.
That label has the tracking number on it.
That's all that i got, was the label.
NO CALIPERS.
So, my mailman that delivers to my residence screwed up too.
Evidently, for what ever reason, he scanned that tracking number, off the label into the system, and now the USPS thinks the calipers were delivered to me, and considers my inquiry, case, closed.
I am going to have to personally ask him, why he did that.
They're no longer looking for the calipers.
I got on the internet, and am trying to get through with the USPS to get them to reopen my inquiry and at least try and at least make somewhat of an effort to locate the missing parts.
But as others have written, don't hold my breath for long.
Again, they sure do make it awfully hard to try and get any satisfaction with them.

Banks Turbo hot side. Made it all the way to St Louis regional facility then it went on by ground. It only had to go 2 stops from that large facility. Tracking said it left St Louis and thats all I got. They went as far as to call the depot 1 stop past St Louis and they didnt have it in their damaged in transit shelf. They told me to contact Atlanta clearing house where all the lost mail goes and maybe they can find it, yeah right. Its kinda weird as most of the mail is in little wagon cars and they simply drag them out and transfer them to the next outbound truck. My USPS money order finally made it to its destination, 3 weeks for a letter. At the same time I get a USPS flat rate box from Florida 3 days after he sends it!

Talked with my regular mailman, a little while ago, and gave him all the information that i have in regards to my problem with the USPS.
He's going to see if his supervisor can pull any strings, and help me out with re opening my complaint, and or, trying to find the missing calipers.
I did send them a picture of what they look like, so maybe that might help out.
Who knows. I gotta keep trying.

They are still looking for a missing MP cam ( lifters were in the box) from 1988 and some fastback decklid trim I bought off ebay circa 2005…lol

Talked with my regular mailman, a little while ago, and gave him all the information that i have in regards to my problem with the USPS.
He's going to see if his supervisor can pull any strings, and help me out with re opening my complaint, and or, trying to find the missing calipers.
I did send them a picture of what they look like, so maybe that might help out.
Who knows. I gotta keep trying.

If I were you,.I'd go down to the Post office in your area and talk to the Post Master. The fact that your mailman scanned a label with no actual packaging is pure ridiculousness.

I would start there and work backwards from there. Surely, if you know what office they started leaking from they can find them. They are at that office or the next one.

Not a part, But I had a $20,000 check sent to me that sat in a vacant P.O. box instead of mine.
Six month's later it appeared in my box after the vacant box was rented.
The check issuer was not very happy about that.

They are still looking for a missing MP cam ( lifters were in the box) from 1988 and some fastback decklid trim I bought off ebay circa 2005…lol
Then there’s that trans crossmember that Rani sent me about 5 years ago, I’m still waiting patiently for it to show up. I’ve never lost hope that one day it will show up and I will be whole again. Until then, I wait…….

3 years ago I bought a bunch of K/H brake stuff from a member here. I was in WA and he was on the east coast. The box arrived broken open and about half the parts were gone. He paid for insurance and made a claim and NEVER SAW A DIME!!!. The only thing that saved us was that he had bought the parts from somebody in WA a couple years before and had shipped them to me wrapped in the original bubble wrap bags that he received them in with the first owners name and address on them. About 6 months later this guy who lives an hour and a half from me called the guy who was my seller (his buyer) to ask why he got the parts back. USPS found the original bags where they fell out on the floor and shipped them back to him. I drove over and picked them up.

-
Back