Anyone have master power brakes (manual) ft disk kit?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I finally got around to digging into my master power brake manual front disk kit, and noticed from the literature pics that I have the chrysler porportioning valve, but also a GM type master cyllinder.

This is their A-body maual disk conversion kit.

They gave me an adapter plate from this master cyllinder to my firewall which makes me tend to believe that this is just what they give you.

The really weird thing is that the pictures of the chrysler master cyllinder have the chrysler porportioning valve installed underneath the master cyllinder on a bottom mounted bracket.

All the models have ford/ford, /chevy/chevy, /chrysler/chrysler, valves to master cyll pictured, BUT the GM master/ chrysler porp valve I recieved is not pictured.

I am just wondering if they really don't have any pics of the combination of GM master cyll, and chrysler porp valve since they sell mostly (power) brake kits.

I just want to make sure I get my lines plumbed correctly as the valve pictured under the GM type master cyl coming out of the porp valve are routed differently than the ones coming from the chrysler valve pictured.

Does anyone else have this (manual) kit from master power brakes?

If so, I sure would love to see how you did yours.

I hope this all makes sense.

I am thinking that I probably need to just route the lines out of my chrysler porp valve just as the other chrysler ones are routed, but the biggest thing that stumps me is that the lines from the GM masterto valve, and the lines from the Chrysler master to valve come out of opposite holes fore/aft on the master cyllinder.

Confused yet?

I sure as hell am.....help.

as far as the master is concerned, if its a corvette style master(most are) the front bowl is the front brakes(front bowl is toward front of car). the gm's take a different fitting in that area, but the gm and chrysler prop valve all take either 3/16" or 1/4" line fittings so they are commonly gotten at local parts stores. show us pics if you can. most gm prop valves had a 1/4" line for the rear brakes.

brakeparts8.jpg

brakeparts7.jpg

brakeparts1.jpg

brakeparts2.jpg

brakeparts3.jpg

brakeparts4.jpg

brakeparts5.jpg

brakeparts6.jpg

Well, here's what I got.

As you can see I have a GM master cyllinder with a chrysler valve block, firewall adapter plate for that master cyllinder.

For the money, they should have supplied the custom brake lines from the valve block to the front brake lines at least since it does not look like my original loopty loop lines will work since the valve block is now mounted under the master cyllinder.

actually, that is a GM prop valve, and a corvette style master(should be 1" bore). the front bowl, away from the firewall, is for the front brakes. the rear port on the prop valve is for 1/4" brake line(standard on most gm's). you should have a fitting for this to go to 3/16". if not, they sell the adapters at parts stores that have all the drawers of fittings. other than that, it is straight forward brake stuff.

nevermind I just paged through their catalog. Are you going with front and rear disk brakes??

-
Back