Anyone have the correct length for a BB Dart?

-

4fortyDemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
72 Dart has 440, 727, and 8 3/4. Just trying to get the correct length . i measured a buddies 69 dart w/ 440 727 8 3/4- his was 47- 47.5 was had to see crawling under the car .
Thanks in advance!:burnout:

Measure every car. Support the car with jackstands under the axle. Put the yoke all the way in the transmission. Measure the distance (center of u-joint to center of u-joint). Subtract 3/4".

you should have the yoke at least 1" out of the tail housing of the transmission before you measure.

Problem is the eng/trans isn't in the car yet. Was going to get the driveshaft cut so I could put it in.

Every build is enough different that I wouldn't do it. I can get a driveshaft turned around here in a day or two (local shop) that it's just not worth guessing that it will actually be the same as a factory build.

Case in point. I built a 67 Dart hardtop with a 440/4sp/8-3/4. After my older son hurt the car beyond repair I gave the drivetrain to my other son for his 67 Dart convertible. The only difference was the rear springs. The driveshaft that fit the hardtop perfectly was slightly too short for the convertible.

-
Back