Anyone have wiring diagram for 65 radio?

-

wh23g3g

Reaction score
Is there an accessory wiring diagram for the radio on a 65 Valiant? I got the main wiring diagram link from here someone posted but it only shows the radio feed and radio dial bulb on the fuse panel. It doesn't show which wire on the back of the radio goes where and doesn't show the speaker wiring. I think mine may not have had a radio at all because there is no number under the radio section on the fender tag. But I've got a correct working 65 Valiant AM radio. It has two plugs one of the plugs is missing. It has one plug with an orange and red wire and the other missing plug has a gray and black wire. I want to wire it up like it should be there from the factory if possible.

my experience says r= hot o= lumination bl= neg speaker gr=pos speaker. mopar harnesses were pretty moch the same colors through out the muscle era. the radio picked up its ground through the dash frame. i didnt look in the book, but im not too far off. if you want me to look in my book, let me know. someone said redfish was pretty good with the harnesses. good luck,happy motoring.

The other plug in the car would be hanging from the speaker, green and black ?
reds power and orange is the lamp

So how can I test the radio outside of the car. I was only able to test the function of the lamp light on the radios I have. They both work. So I know I need to get a speaker. I see the green wire with the female spade connector and the black w/ green tracer wire with male connector are run together on the back of the radio. So I know I would need to have two wires connected to the positive of the battery for the power and lamp. And I know one black wire connected to a battery and the radio chassis for a ground. How do I hook up the speaker? I would have to go get one speaker to test because I don't have any I could use.

there isn't a ground wire. the radio is chassis grounded in the car. To test one on workbench you would add a ground junper and you would need a speaker and antenna.

I took my AM radio out of my '65 Barracuda because it was not working. I have power at the orange & red connections. I grounded the radio on my work bench, hooked up some power & was able to get a speaker to fuzz when I turned it on. Put everything back in the car, hooked everything up, turned on the ignition & I get nothing, not even the fuzz I got on the bench. I have tried running a ground from the radio casing to the car, still nothing. Any ideas??? Could a bad speaker cause me to get nothing?

Wired up a different speaker & it works! Just need to replace the factory speaker, if I can figure out how to remove it. Thanks in advance.

-
Back