Anyone here know this 56 Coronet Lancer?

-

ckjarr

Reaction score
Looking for any info/history… Would love to know who initially built it.

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_0529.jpeg

IMG_0530.jpeg

IMG_0531.jpeg

Dad bought the car a couple weeks ago. It arrived in TN Saturday morning. It looks to be an older build, maybe from the early 2000’s… Feels like a car that was built in a warm climate since there’s no heat but has Vintage A/C.. Won’t be running it around this week!!

IMG_0515.jpeg

IMG_0535.jpeg

IMG_0522.jpeg

I can not help on any info, have always loved that model, and especially yours! Maroon is my fav color also. Maybe we can keep this thread up till someone has info for the OP.

I can not help on any info, have always loved that model, and especially yours! Maroon is my fav color also. Maybe we can keep this thread up till someone has info for the OP.
Thanks! Wish I could call it mine.. Me and my son are just the tag alongs here.. We’ll, to be honest, we’re always the tag alongs…:D:D

IMG_7063.jpeg

IMG_7059.jpeg

I saw this car at a small car show when the wife and I were visiting her family back in the early 2000 area. We were in Manchester, TN and stopped at a strip mall where the car show was taking place. I wasn't able to speak to the owner, but I did get a picture or two. I'll see if I can find the pictures and post them.

I saw this car at a small car show when the wife and I were visiting her family back in the early 2000 area. We were in Manchester, TN and stopped at a strip mall where the car show was taking place. I wasn't able to speak to the owner, but I did get a picture or two. I'll see if I can find the pictures and post them.
That would be awesome!!

I love that color on yours, got along ways to go on ours. Just hoping someone buys it before I have to start building it.

20230922_154456.jpg

I love that color on yours, got along ways to go on ours. Just hoping someone buys it before I have to start building it.

View attachment 1716192545
Looks like a solid platform to start with! The builder was kind enough to add the paint code to the back of the glove box. I believe it to be one of the Crossfire colors. Inferno Red or Blaze Red…

1956 Dodge Lancer Coupe for sale at Henderson Motor Series Collector Motors (2023) - CLASSIC.COM
Looks like it was sold at an auction in Birmingham back in October. Maybe that will give you a starting point
Thanks! I was able to get in touch with the most recent previous owner as his contact info was on the title. He was unhelpful and really just unkind… He was into Ferraris and Aston Martins. Said it was a cheap auction buy to drive and he only owned it for a short time. Looking at the dates, I believe this auction was when he sold it.

Awesome family pictures and very cool car.
Thanks! We go together every chance we get! This past spring, we drove dad’s first car, 72 Scamp, a couple hours to the Music City Mopar show. He has owned it 50 years this past September.

IMG_9650.jpeg

IMG_9653.jpeg

IMG_9655.jpeg

Love the Forward Look vehicles. Dad driving mid 60’s Dodge pickup? I have a 55 2dr Ply wagon as a yard ornament

That is really cool. I'm a bit envious in a good way. How old is your boy? I have 6.5 and a 1.3 yo boys and it's a lot of fun.
He will be 6 in May. Kids are truly amazing! He has some older sisters that come along occasionally but that’s usually on cruises when the whole family goes. We try to make it as inclusive as we can but if I’m just brutally honest, my dad an I have a problem… that I blame on him… and if we’re lucky, my son will be plagued with the same problem!!

Some older pics..

IMG_9199.jpeg

IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7806.jpeg

IMG_2482.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg

IMG_0772.jpeg

It could be brought back to life, front floors and end gate are rough, back floors are good, even the spare tire well. I’m thinking I’ll not fix this as I have 5 collector vehicles that i can drive, two of those are Forward Look
That needs to be built!

Can't help with the car info, but thanks for all the great pics. I used to own the 2WD twin to the tan and white truck. Kicked myself for selling it many times and had no luck finding it. I did notice the Altec hat too. You're probably too young to have had a hand in building the best bucket truck I ever had, but thanks for whatever you do if you work at Altec! I worked for the power company my whole adult life and retired this past April.

Can't help with the car info, but thanks for all the great pics. I used to own the 2WD twin to the tan and white truck. Kicked myself for selling it many times and had no luck finding it. I did notice the Altec hat too. You're probably too young to have had a hand in building the best bucket truck I ever had, but thanks for whatever you do if you work at Altec! I worked for the power company my whole adult life and retired this past April.
The tan 71 is actually a D200… we bought it knowing someone had taken two trucks and built this one. The engine is actually a 69 dated 340… We need to put that to better use in one of the A body’s sitting around… It’s been a great truck though. As for the Altec hat, I am a lineman at our local utility. When our new trucks arrive we usually get new hats or shirts. Congrats on retirement!! I have right at 20yrs in myself. Looking forward to getting my 30yrs in and seeing what my options are at that time. I’ll be 51 when I can draw full retirement. I’d love to move on and start a new chapter in life. We will see…

My tan and white truck was a D200 also. Factory 383/727/4.10 Sure Grip truck with PS, PB, AC. It came from CA and had zero rust. Biggest problem I had with it was, I couldn't find any parts to fix the slack in the PS. It had that old push me - pull me PS that looked like a shock absorber with about 10 hoses hooked to it.

I still have my Altec hat that they gave us when we got all of our new buckets in 1998. It was a AA600 with the top mounted jib winch. I loved that truck! Hang in there and enjoy your work. You won't ever stop being a lineman, even when you stop being a lineman! I was a lineman 28 years, then took a line inspector job until I retired on April Fools Day. My job with that was looking after our contractors. If you retire from where you are now at 51, there's lot's of places just begging for retired linemen to do oversight work....and it pays really good. Take care, and stay safe.

:thumbsup:

-
Back