anyone in the St Louis area a decent engine builder?

-

Dakota_Don

Reaction score
Hello, I need help with my fresh stroker 410 sb, the shop messd up the rocker arms adj and caused a stud to break and send ALU shavings into my oil, I need my strokers lower end flushed and checked, pluss the push rod legnth check so i can get the right Push rods. The block was decked and the shop used std legnth PRs with valve caps. well you can guess the rest. But now they do not wanna fix it without it costing me. I am almost busted. This project started in 2003 and keeps on going..

I use Precision engine in Maryville, Il. It's only about 8-10 miles east of St.Louis just off of 270. His ph # is 618-288-3779 and his name is Don. Real nice fellow and knows what he's doing. He's a tried and true Mopar guy too with 30 yrs. of experience. Owns 2 Dusters. One a street 340 car and the other is a 9 second BB car. His only fault is he's slooowww. I'm waiting to get my block back I took him 5 weeks ago and talked to him last friday and he said it'll be a couple more weeks. UGH

jd engine in columbia mo he competes in mopar muscle challenges knows about building and quick 573-445-4550

DD I just noticed where you are. Take 255 down to 270 then east to 157 then south 1 mile take a rt and your there.

BTW: About the shop that screwed up your engine. Was the first initial of the guys first name G? Just curious cause I heard allot good about him and went and talked to him about doing my work and he didn't know squat about a Mopar. Oh yeah and all mopar heads are junk according to him. Any small valve chevy head is far better than any factory mopar head. Jeeze!:munky2:

Needless to say I didn't bother wasting any more time with him.

BTW: That was a few yrs. ago right before I met Don @ Precision.

My friend that used to do my machining messed up a friend of mines engine a few years ago. Put a piston in backwards... After the cam was broken in, and the hot lash was reset, it whacked a valve that dropped and lost the engine. It was a $3500 (parts and labor at cost) mistake and the shop ate the bill. Everyone's human, so long as they make good on it...

-
Back