Anyone install the Grant tuff wheel #846?

-

cudaspaz

Reaction score
I just ordered one from Mancini racing and they say it bolts right on to car that already have the Grant 3000/4000 install kit so hopefully I will have no issues installing it....I like easy.

I decided I'm going to change wheels although I like my current wheel I think a Tuff wheel will be more appropriate and will compliment the interior.

I know it's not a direct repro as the foam rubber grip is further down on the metal spines of the wheel but the price is right and I would rather have a 15" wheel instead of my current 13" one for leverage with my manual steering, plus it should make my gauges a bit more visible.

console8-2.jpg

Here's my current wheel.

I had the older version on my 69 Barracuda with the install kit and the new verion on my 71 dart which was a direct replacement for the cars original rim blow

Looks like I need to get the horn adapter to make the horn work.

This does not work with the grant install kit like they say it does, well the wheel,does but the horn button has nothing to connect to.

Dangit.

Anyone install one that did not originally come with a tuff wheel or rim blow?

Never mind, I figured it out.

I ended up using a horn switch from my 71 swinger.

I removed the pot metal pedestal on the horn switch( the piece the horn button pops into)' and the tuff wheel horn was a perfect fit on the outside perimeter of the switch.
It fits nice and snug like it was made for it.

Horn works perfectly.

Score another one for Macgiver-ing a medley of Mopar parts.

-
Back